PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install issue 10.04 & 10.10 32 &64 ubuntu os

danxxscott
December 4th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Hi guys, I've just purchased a packard bell easynote core i3 laptop, And naturally wanted to install ubuntu as a dual boot as i have on my desktop pc,
So up to now i have downloaded 10.04 in both 32 & 64 bit flavors as i have with 10.10,
I've tried booting from disk setting that as first boot in my bios, and also tried the boot from a usb but with no success, All i get is the very first stage of recognition that ubuntu is present showing the two slightly pixelated icons at the bottom centre of my screen.
This has left me scratching my head a little i must say.
any guidance from the guys in the know would be greatly appreciated, Could it be a processor problem possibly?
The notebook i'm running is a TM86-GN-025UK if you'd like to google it for revision purposes. Thanks for looking guys, i'll look forward to any reply
Best regards danxx

sikander3786
December 4th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Hi. Welcome to the forums :-)

At the screen where you see two icons at the bottom of your screen, press any key. A menu should pop up. Select "Check disc for defects" and press ok. If the result it ok, press F6 and select "Nomodeset". Then press Try Ubuntu without making any changes. Hopefully it should boot this time. If not, please provide a little more details as to let us know what happens after the two iconed screen?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDBootOptions

danxxscott
December 4th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Right so it turns out all i had to do was tap ANYKEY at all, Ohh well lol
Thankyou so much for your help with my stupidity :p
I'm now looking forward to getting 10.10 installed tomorrow, With thanks to you, your my hero.
Love & respect danxxscott

sikander3786
December 5th, 2010, 05:05 AM
You are most Welcome :-)

Hope the installation will be easy for you. Feel free to ask if you've any queries :P