PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] External Mointor Detected but No Display

Trigger_21
December 4th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Please Help

I have a HP Pavilion ze4800 laptop running Ubuntu 10.04, when trying to connect to an external monitor its detected in "Monitors" but when changing the configuration to "ON" the monitor remains blank.

During boot the monitor mirrors the laptop but then mid way it goes blank....

any suggestions??

Trigger_21
December 10th, 2010, 06:13 PM
ok just a quick update for anyone with a similiar problem, i have updated to the latest version of ubuntu 10.10, but it didnt fix the problem still searching for a solution

WinRiddance
December 11th, 2010, 09:21 PM
See if this link can help you out, click on the little pictures that you'll see:

Click here !!! (http://www.ubuntu.steinfein.org/ztip01_laptopdualdisplay.html)

The dual displays used to drive me up a wall too at first. It never even dawned on me to drag the displays around in the display manager thingie, or that I should be ignoring my GUI from the proprietary ATI drivers altogether. Just one of those things to get used to, 'ya know? If this helped to fix the problem, be sure to mark this thread as solved by using the Thread Tools at the top of the page.

Trigger_21
December 11th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Thank you for your help but it didnt solve my problem, my laptop is able toi detect the external monitor down to the manufacturer, but no matter what configuration i use, the monitor displays nothing and goes into power saving mode.

The strange the thing is when its plugged in during boot it mirrors the laptop, then as half way it just turns off.