PDA

View Full Version : Open Source CRM?

kevin11951
December 4th, 2010, 01:29 AM
I am looking for a good CRM that will run on a LAMP stack. It needs to be able to send out invoices on a recurring basis every month, number one.

Anything else is icing on the cake.

I have tried the following:

SugarCRM - Open source version doesn't have any quote/invoice/sales order system (though I haven't used it in a while, they may have added it recently).

vTiger - Looked good, but it has a lot of little bugs everywhere that leave a bad taste.

edit: Both of these are complicated, I am also looking for something simpler.

kevin11951
December 4th, 2010, 02:08 AM
I am currently looking at Zoho "Invoices", it looks good...

edit: Nope, Zoho only allows up to 5 Invoices at a time, and thats too low... Damn.

edit2: In every other respect, its perfect, does anyone know of anything similar, but has looser terms?

Quadunit404
December 4th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Not aware of any good open source CRMs... although, that might be because I don't use any.

Just keep looking, I'm sure you'll find a good one sooner or later.

tgalati4
December 4th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Billing/accounting is a difficult business process to computerize. Each business and their clients have unique processes and billing categories to track. Then you need to consider tax policy which requires different tracking for each jurisdiction.

CRM is simply customer tracking and SugarCRM does a fine job of that. There are some billing/invoice plug-ins that can be added (both pay and free), but they are not well-integrated into the rest of the system because CRM is more of a marketing--pipeline tool than a business tracking tool.

apt-cache search accounting

This brings up an interesting list. Have you looked at the egroupware suite? There are also a bunch of smaller accounting projects that may be a starting point.

kevin11951
December 4th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Billing/accounting is a difficult business process to computerize. Each business and their clients have unique processes and billing categories to track. Then you need to consider tax policy which requires different tracking for each jurisdiction.

CRM is simply customer tracking and SugarCRM does a fine job of that. There are some billing/invoice plug-ins that can be added (both pay and free), but they are not well-integrated into the rest of the system because CRM is more of a marketing--pipeline tool than a business tracking tool.

apt-cache search accounting

This brings up an interesting list. Have you looked at the egroupware suite? There are also a bunch of smaller accounting projects that may be a starting point.

Actually, I have decided to go with Zoho Invoice. They not only email the client, but the client pays via Zoho as well, so they automate everything.

HermanAB
December 4th, 2010, 06:32 PM
SQLLedger?

Zlatan
December 4th, 2010, 06:42 PM
opentaps (http://www.opentaps.org), this is erp, could be too much for you. but please check anyway;)