PDA

View Full Version : UbuntuOne remembers what you purchased from USC?

earthpigg
December 3rd, 2010, 07:51 PM
I purchased WoG both directly from the company when it was first released for Linux, and then later as part of the Humble Bundle. So, I'm not sure which .deb is currently installed, nor if they are identical.

The USC recognizes not just that I have it installed, but it lists it under the "For Purchase" thing as already purchased & installed. I didn't do anything to trick USC into thinking I purchased WoG from that venue, it's come to that conclusion on it's own.

With this in mind, I may now have a use for Ubuntu One. Will it sync this (if I register UbuntuOne), so that if I lose both my computer's hard drive and my backup in the same day, I can re-install WoG from USC without purchasing once UbuntuOne is activated for my account on the new computer?

(I know that I could probably fuzz around with the WoG or Humble Bundle official website with the e-mail I made the purchase with, this has more to do with curiosity.)

EDIT: i just realized my thread title is a bit misleading.

FuturePilot
December 3rd, 2010, 08:45 PM
Yes. From what I understand when you purchase something from USC it associates it with your Single Sing On account so if you reinstall your system or whatever you can easily reinstall your purchased software.

fatality_uk
December 3rd, 2010, 08:56 PM
Yes. From what I understand when you purchase something from USC it associates it with your Single Sing On account so if you reinstall your system or whatever you can easily reinstall your purchased software.

If this is correct, sweet!!!

tgm4883
December 3rd, 2010, 09:08 PM

Note that he said he didn't purchase it from USC

Zzl1xndd
December 3rd, 2010, 09:12 PM
Your Purchased software is associated with your Single Sign on (I have bought a few things).

If WOG wasn't purchased through the Software centre then you wouldn't be able to take advantage of this.