PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Microphone not working

Tijssiej
December 3rd, 2010, 03:11 PM
Hello,

My microphone just doesnīt work :(

It isnīt on mute. And I also downloaded default sound card and pulseaudio volume control. But it doesnīt seem to work:(

They also say that I should change the microphone port. How?

My system: Asus R101 running Ubuntu 10.10

ps. Microphone worked perfect in windows 7 starter!

Tijssiej
December 3rd, 2010, 04:00 PM
Hello,

My microphone just doesnīt work :(

It isnīt on mute. And I also downloaded default sound card and pulseaudio volume control. But it doesnīt seem to work:(

They also say that I should change the microphone port. How?

My system: Asus R101 running Ubuntu 10.10

ps. Microphone worked perfect in windows 7 starter!

bump?

migs73
December 3rd, 2010, 04:17 PM
Try downloading Audacity and see if it can see your Mic. I had the same problem with one of mine.

Tijssiej
December 3rd, 2010, 04:19 PM
Try downloading Audacity and see if it can see your Mic. I had the same problem with one of mine.

Iīll try that ;)

Edit: When I try to record something... it doesnīt record anything :(

Tijssiej
December 3rd, 2010, 05:53 PM
Iīll try that ;)

Edit: When I try to record something... it doesnīt record anything :(

:?:

stoogiebuncho
December 3rd, 2010, 06:20 PM
What kind of microphone do you have?

When you go to the sound preferences (click on the volume icon on your panel and select "Preferences"), and you go to the "input" tab, do you see your mic listed there? Is it the mic that is selected as default? Is the volume turned up? (I know you said it wasn't muted, but it doesn't hurt to double-check)

One other thing to try would be to open a terminal, and type:

alsamixer

See if you can find your mic listed there. You can use the up and down arrow keys to adjust volume, and the 'm' key to toggle the mute.

Also, you probably don't need to bump this thread quite so often. :) Once or twice a day should be plenty.

aaronlaura04
December 17th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I have the same computer and am also not able to get my mic to work either. it is a built in mic.
Laura