PDA

View Full Version : I am extremely happy.

joelkat
December 3rd, 2010, 02:29 PM
I have NO problems at all with linux accept that I thought I broke my comp at first but then got super fast support here Which I am thankful for. This website has the #1 support I have seen for a while. This is a almost instant boot and easy install. On Win7 I had to wait about 5 mins before I could open up the Internet and browse and let my comp load with this its not even a minute. They should start selling computers with ubuntu? I think so.

Evil-Ernie
December 3rd, 2010, 02:33 PM
Nice one! Are you finding that Ubuntu is doing everything you need that you used to do with Win7? Or are there still some gaps?

joelkat
December 3rd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Ahh Most of the time Yes I might not be able to play my games on here but Thats what my ps3 is for AND is it still possible to put linux on a ps3?

anaconda
December 3rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
Ahh Most of the time Yes I might not be able to play my games on here but Thats what my ps3 is for AND is it still possible to put linux on a ps3?

I think it is not possible to put ubuntu on a ps3 any longer.
(might be wrong, because these things change so fast)

Yup. Ubuntu rocks. I had to boot to win7 a few days ago and it was really frustrating. It took about 2 hours to update windows and its antivirus-programs and it even needed to boot several times when updating?!
All I really wanted to do was connect my phone to it and install one program, which needed windows (or mac) to do it...

Had some problems and I ended up wiping windows from my laptop..... Felt really good.

PS. I am also happy.

undecim
December 3rd, 2010, 03:07 PM

You have to install a hacked firmware, but yes, you can put Linux on the PS3.

Oxwivi
December 3rd, 2010, 03:20 PM
But then, it'd defeat the reason of owning PS3, since you no longer will be able to play PS3 games on it.

Evil-Ernie
December 3rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
I think if you have used Windows to do something specific (like my DJing) it can be a problem to switch completely.
I find the best way is not to find a carbon copy replica of what you used before but take a different approach and work with that new approach, otherwise you might as well just stick with a Windows machine if you find that you are running everything out of WINE. That just defeats the object in my opinion.

Interestingly I'm not into gaming but I was thinking of picking up a cheap xbox original and see what I can do with it putting a Linux distro on it and whacking through the TV if only for my own amusement :D