PDA

View Full Version : No Audio on Laptop HP G56-129WM

sbarrow
December 2nd, 2010, 08:41 PM
I just purchased an HP G56-129WM laptop with Windows 7. Audio worked great under Windows. I've removed windows and installed Ubuntu 10.04 and fully patched it. Now my audio doesn't work at all. I don't recall if it worked prior to patching it after the Ubuntu install because I patched it immediately. Does anyone have any insight on getting my audio to work?

Thanks

Jahid65
December 2nd, 2010, 09:50 PM
Did you check out Sound Preference=>Hardware tab? There may be profiles in hardware tab. Check it by clicking sound icon. Or System=>Preference=>Sound.

sbarrow
December 3rd, 2010, 04:30 AM
yes. I checked that. Still no audio

sbarrow
December 3rd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Fixed it. In Synaptic Package Manager, under Settings, Repositories on the Updates tab; enable 'Recommended updates (lucid-proposed)' and 'Pre-released updates (lucid-proposed)'. Reload the packages then install linux-backports-modules-alsa-2.6.32-26-generic (2.6.32-26.25) and linux-backports-modules-alsa-lucid-generic (2.6.32.26.28).
Rebooted and I had my audio back.

notebookshopper
December 3rd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Might be a driver problem. Try installing the driver. If this doesn't seem easy enough...

If you don't have many important files, back up your files and use the recovery discs that come with your computer. Just put them in and that will wipe out the partition and reinstall the software, operating system, and drivers.

sbarrow
January 29th, 2011, 08:17 AM
At some point in the last 2-3 weeks after I installed updates, the sound quite working again. Backtracked my steps last time and nothing worked yet. Any ideas?

zatanzen
June 3rd, 2011, 03:39 AM
hi, im new on this forum, and in this OS, this OS is really AMAZING, I prefered too much against windows, well, i got the same trouble dont get audio, but i see something, i install the x64 version, and ubuntu install 2 OS, i dont kno why, one finish on 28, other on 32, i use the first time the number 32, and this OS update, and stop working the sound, the other one, i never was updating, and still working the audio, i think was a update from ubuntu, please check it, because i want wireless and audio lol