PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Linux Ovi Suite

markosp
December 2nd, 2010, 09:40 AM
Nokia BetaLabs has announced a new version of Ovi suite. However, they still don't plan to port the suite to Linux. I hope we Linux users could get our voices heard. So please go to the BetaLabs (http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-ovi-suite-3-0-beta/suggestion/16105/provide-ubuntu-or-at-least-linuxgnu-version#comment-48155) site and write a comment to give your voice. Somehow we have to convince Nokia about the need for a proper solution for Linux users.

If Nokia doesn't want to port their app to Linux, they could at least support the open source projects -such as syncevolution and opensync, to make them work with Nokia phones. Give them your opinnion.
Please spread the word to users of other distros too. We can't expect much attention if we just sit and wait.

Here's a poll too just to have at least one place where it is easy to give your voice. I don't expect it to get so many votes, but it could. Please welcome users of other distros too.

Thanks for your support!

madjr
December 2nd, 2010, 04:59 PM
kinda ironic, because meego (for desktops, tablets, phones) is nokias. So if people have meego and a nokia phone they want both to sync.

they should use QT (not only because is also theirs, but i multiplatform).

i suspect they've thought about it, but meego products are not out yet.

anyway i think it would be reasonable they started porting some stuff now.

beastrace91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:39 AM
It has always annoyed me a bit that my Linux Powered N900 only has a suite for Windows... :(

~Jeff