PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Anonymous

Gremlinzzz
December 1st, 2010, 03:38 PM
Are you a Ubuntuholic? do you spend way to much time tweaking and modifying
your system. are you losing sleep and staying on the computer more than you should? these are the signs you have a problem.The first step in conquering your problem is to admit you have one.So do you, are you a Ubuntuholic?
PS get some exercise.

Hi my name is Gremlinzzz and i,m a Ubuntuholic!

Johnsie
December 1st, 2010, 03:44 PM
I used to be, but then the novelty wore off. It's been over 5 years. I think after a certain amount of time you start to get a little bored.

Dragonbite
December 1st, 2010, 04:05 PM
I do, but it isn't because I'm fooling with Ubuntu (at least not ALL of thetime ;) ), it's because I don't have to fool around with Ubuntu so I spend too much time surfing the web or doing things because I'm NOT fooling around with Ubuntu.

Although last night it was because I was trying to get UbuntuOne uploaded from my desktop, and then getting it to download onto my laptop, but that's another matter. That's in part because it was 148 MB and I have a slow DSL connection!

mendhak
December 1st, 2010, 04:14 PM
Stop it! :redface:

Spice Weasel
December 1st, 2010, 05:23 PM
I frequently download entire Debian repositories recursively just so I can port/mess with them.

I also defrag and run Bleachbit on my XFS filesystem daily, while running rolling release Fedora with the testing repository enabled, which naturally means that reinstalling once every month at least is required.

Oh, and I use my own FVWM configuration which I spent three hours cleaning and optimising to use as little memory as possible.

I'd rather read a system administration book than watch TV or a movie.

My name is Jordan, and I am a FOSSBSDLinuxGNUetcaoholic.

TNT1
December 1st, 2010, 05:30 PM
Are you a Ubuntuholic? do you spend way to much time tweaking and modifying
your system. are you losing sleep and staying on the computer more than you should? these are the signs you have a problem.The first step in conquering your problem is to admit you have one.So do you, are you a Ubuntuholic?
PS get some exercise.

Well, I spent a lot of time buggering windows when I used that, so that doesn't really count... I mean I crashed my xp install several times.

As for the exercise, when I was buggering windows, I was employed as a full time athlete, and now, buggering Ubuntu, I am part of a sponsored vets team (as in old farts, not animal fiddlers...)

Oh, well... I just got my boss's PA to buy an Ubuntu pre-installed netbook for her daughter's birthday... It's all good...:D

RiceMonster
December 1st, 2010, 05:31 PM
Nope. The novelty of tweaking Linux has worn off a while ago.

Gremlinzzz
December 1st, 2010, 06:55 PM
Stop it! :redface:

lol thats funny.
Denial is more than just a river in Kansas.

TBABill
December 1st, 2010, 07:41 PM
I'm just gonna go with a big freakin YES....dang! Distrohopping extraordinaire!! Sometimes I get tired of myself :)

Dragonbite
December 1st, 2010, 07:47 PM
I'm just gonna go with a big freakin YES....dang! Distrohopping extraordinaire!! Sometimes I get tired of myself :)

Sometimes so do we! ;)

PEACE! Just joshing with ya man! :popcorn:

TBABill
December 1st, 2010, 07:51 PM
:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:

Hman242
December 1st, 2010, 10:25 PM
Since when is there something called Ubuntuhol? :P

aaaantoine
December 1st, 2010, 10:45 PM
I've tweaked my desktop to my liking and I am satisfied. Satisfied, at least, with the things I can tweak.

On occasion, I make one significant change based either on an update in the DE or in an update in my workflow. Otherwise, I've had essentially the same layout since about April 2009.

Khakilang
December 2nd, 2010, 05:01 AM
Actually I am Windowholic. Spending hours scanning for virus, defrag hard disk, clean registry, recover missing files, formating hard disk, reinstall software, update securities....etc. And Ubuntu cure me.

Dragonbite
December 2nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
Actually I am Windowholic. Spending hours scanning for virus, defrag hard disk, clean registry, recover missing files, formating hard disk, reinstall software, update securities....etc. And Ubuntu cure me.

I still do that, every time I boot to Windows 7, since so much time passes between uses!

madjr
December 2nd, 2010, 04:49 PM
am already going to the UU: uholics unonymous

Tristam Green
December 2nd, 2010, 06:03 PM
Nope, I'd rather spend more time using my OS than jerking around with it.

NightwishFan
December 2nd, 2010, 06:16 PM
I suppose Ubuntu is one of my hobbies, though I never really tweak it much, just find new uses for it.