PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Xp on Linux 10.10 pc

PirateStef
December 1st, 2010, 02:06 PM
hi guys
I am making a pc for the scouts to use as an media pc, i wanted to install windows xp because everyone had to connect their stuff and everyone has to beable to use it.

the problem is this; I got an official windows Xp cd but when i select in the bios to boot from cd it still just starts linux, how do i instal xp?

thanks guys!

bowens44
December 1st, 2010, 02:39 PM
hi guys
I am making a pc for the scouts to use as an media pc, i wanted to install windows xp because everyone had to connect their stuff and everyone has to beable to use it.

the problem is this; I got an official windows Xp cd but when i select in the bios to boot from cd it still just starts linux, how do i instal xp?

thanks guys!

If it won't boot from the windows cd then there is a problem with either the CD or the PC. It's not a linux issue. I'd start by checking the bios again.

C0derBear
December 1st, 2010, 02:43 PM
Most of the Windows cd's I've seen lately have a boot-hook that you have to press a key to get them to boot from the CD, or they just roll back to the HD.

So after you select the CD try slowly tapping the spacebar until the boot starts, somewhere.

PirateStef
December 1st, 2010, 02:51 PM
If it won't boot from the windows cd then there is a problem with either the CD or the PC. It's not a linux issue. I'd start by checking the bios again.

well I checked the bios again set everything to standard settings, and is gets stuck on "Verifying DMI Pool Data" what now?

bowens44
December 1st, 2010, 03:00 PM
well I checked the bios again set everything to standard settings, and is gets stuck on "Verifying DMI Pool Data" what now?

Google "verifying dmi pool data xp"