PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu and my Blackberry

Hookhitter
December 1st, 2010, 03:22 AM
I just purchased a new blackberry style and tried to upload the user tool desktop to help sync and transfer music. Due to it only running on widows, i was unable to do this. The only portion that i really care about is being able to transfer music from my computer to the blackberry. I tried doing this with Rhythmbox, but received an error about a "MIME".

Any ideas?

tpr51
December 11th, 2010, 12:23 AM
im new at this but i have been using 10.10 and my blackerry 8900 ... i just copy n paste from the BB to the music file and then rythem box plays it .... have not tried to got the other way yet tho

weasel fierce
December 11th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I have a rather old blackberry but if i plug it in, it'll show up as a normal USB device and I can drag and drop files to and from it.

theozzlives
December 11th, 2010, 08:35 AM
I have a rather old blackberry but if i plug it in, it'll show up as a normal USB device and I can drag and drop files to and from it.

I have a Pearl Flip and when I plug in the USB cable, the Blackberry asks if I want to go in Mass Storage Mode. I answer yes and it acts like a flash drive. If it don't ask, you should be able to change that on the BB.

weasel fierce
December 11th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I have a Pearl Flip and when I plug in the USB cable, the Blackberry asks if I want to go in Mass Storage Mode. I answer yes and it acts like a flash drive. If it don't ask, you should be able to change that on the BB.

yeah, mine does that too.
Only thing to be careful with is to make sure you "eject" it in Ubuntu before unplugging, or it'll mess up the memory card.

Tigger17E
December 28th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Well unfortunately I failed to eject my blackberry in ubuntu, and now I have a stuffed up memory card and my blackberry won't mount to ubuntu. I've tried formatting the memory card, but there has been no benefit to me doing this. I'm debating on restoring my BB to it's factory settings?

bunny138
July 11th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I too am wondering about file transfers to/from a blackberry style in Ubuntu 10.04. I found a program called barry or btool and was able to get information from the device (using the command: sudo btool -t) but not able to transfer files and use the blackberry as a usb device.
Any hints?

SteveHillier
July 15th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Hi guys,
At home I am trying to go Windows free. Just done a clean install of Natty onto Phenom II 555 - Quad core 64 bit.
Would like to sync my Blackberry with Evolution.
Have looked at the Barry project but all the downloads seem to be 32 bit which won't install.
Anybody got any ideas?