PDA

View Full Version : best website for buying computer parts from

hunterkasy
December 1st, 2010, 12:10 AM
I am wondering what is the best website that a person could buy computer parts from.

I want a site that has allot of computer parts and has the best that is on the market.

It would be nice if it also has decent prices, but that is not what I am looking for the most.

I live in the U.S. so a site that ships in/to the U.S. is a must

Thanks in Advance

misfitpierce
December 1st, 2010, 12:11 AM
I stick with Newegg.com personally. Usually the best prices and deals. Also they have one of the best website setups in terms of the amount of stuff available and the simplicity of ordering and finding what you need.

doorknob60
December 1st, 2010, 12:12 AM
Newegg. Nothing else comes close in selection, price and service, in my experience.

Cuddles McKitten
December 1st, 2010, 01:13 AM
I'd vote for Newegg also, but I'm assuming you've recognized the pattern that has developed by now.

earthpigg
December 1st, 2010, 02:16 AM
i dropped $200 on newegg just last week. mostly new computer for a family member, with a few cannibalised parts already on hand.

forrestcupp
December 1st, 2010, 02:56 AM
DON'T JUST GO TO NEWEGG.

Go to www.pricewatch.com

It scours the web for all kinds of computer hardware and gives you a list of up-to-the-minute best deals on whatever you're looking for, including shipping. If newegg is the best deal, it will tell you. But oftentimes someone else will have a better deal on some things than newegg.

Pricewatch is very comprehensive. There are a lot of times that Newegg is the best, but why not be sure and have pricewatch tell you who really has the best deal?

CharlesA
December 1st, 2010, 03:03 AM
I check google shopping first, then usually either head to newegg or amazon (or the local Fry's Electronics..).

3Miro
December 1st, 2010, 03:06 AM
In my experience with pricewatch, what is advertised is hardly ever the same as on the sctusl web-page. You can use it as a list of web-pages that sell computer parts, but I wouldn't count on all of them to do good business.

Newegg is not necessarily the cheapest place, but you always get fast shipping and you know what you get, they generally do good business. Double-check the comments on some parts to see if they indeed come with cables and extras. Speaking of comments read the comments and not just the number of eggs; many people don't know what they are talking about or have a singular issue, however, if there is a trend like "runs hot" then it is probably accurate.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/ seems to have a good selection too, but I have never used them, somehow newegg was always a few dollars cheaper for the parts that I wanted.

forrestcupp
December 1st, 2010, 03:12 AM
In my experience with pricewatch, what is advertised is hardly ever the same as on the sctusl web-page. You can use it as a list of web-pages that sell computer parts, but I wouldn't count on all of them to do good business.

I've never had that problem. Everything I've ever looked at was what pricewatch said. I have seen some times that I clicked on something and the web site had a higher price, but when I looked closer, they actually offered it at the lower price to people coming from pricewatch. I've also looked at something one day and the price was higher the next, but it always went up on pricewatch, too. I've bought a lot of stuff through pricewatch.

But I agree with google shopping. It's another good method of finding the lowest price.

3Miro
December 1st, 2010, 03:22 AM
I haven't been to pricewatch for a while. The page has changed layout. I checked couple of random things and they were fine.

At any rate, pricewatch is a place to at least look at.

spcwingo
December 1st, 2010, 03:49 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned this one:

http://www.geeks.com

They have refurb stuff too. :mrgreen:

hunterkasy
December 2nd, 2010, 12:44 AM
I want to thank everyone for their input, I like Newegg.com they seem to have lots of goodies and at a reasonable price

undecim
December 2nd, 2010, 01:40 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned this one:

http://www.geeks.com

They have refurb stuff too. :mrgreen:

That is a great place to get some parts on the cheap. I buy a lot from them.