PDA

View Full Version : Linux is cool...

bluelamp999
November 30th, 2010, 08:24 PM
http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Electrolux-ProFusion-Infinity-IKitchen/

uRock
November 30th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I don't understand why anyone would want or need a PDA built into their fridge, but if it floats your boat, then go for it. Personally, I prefer they make the appliances even more energy friendly.

madjr
November 30th, 2010, 11:12 PM
I don't understand why anyone would want or need a PDA built into their fridge, but if it floats your boat, then go for it. Personally, I prefer they make the appliances even more energy friendly.

before apple comes with the iFridge, is good to know that we started it first ;)

uRock
December 1st, 2010, 12:28 AM
before apple comes with the iFridge, is good to know that we started it first ;)
They could put ubuntu on it and call it uKool.

akand074
December 1st, 2010, 12:49 AM

If I had a PDA built into my fridge I'd install a database software on it and fill it with stock levels of all the food and supplies we have and make sure everyone adds/removes stock as it comes in and out. Then have it show notifications whenever were low on something. Then we'll always have everything when we need it.

Dawei87
December 1st, 2010, 12:52 AM
that's straight out of the movie the sixth day

uRock
December 1st, 2010, 12:53 AM
If I had a PDA built into my fridge I'd install a database software on it and fill it with stock levels of all the food and supplies we have and make sure everyone adds/removes stock as it comes in and out. Then have it show notifications whenever were low on something. Then we'll always have everything when we need it.
We could integrate it to automatically order stock from the grocery store and have it delivered.

jmwinter1991
December 1st, 2010, 12:59 AM

Just like the GUI effects and workspaces :P Ubuntu does it, no one cares or knows. Apple does it, WHAT A HUGE BREAK THROUGH IN THE WORLD OF TECHNOLOGY!!! That's fine and dandy that they like it and apple did it along with windows, but why do they need to act like they were the first to make the GUI "neat and pretty"? Oh well.

akand074
December 1st, 2010, 06:14 PM
We could integrate it to automatically order stock from the grocery store and have it delivered.

That would be brilliant! I would love if all cities were computerized like in those futuristic sci-fi movies. Next thing I would need in my house after that fridge is Jarvis from Iron man!

Linux_junkie
December 1st, 2010, 06:20 PM

And whats wrong with writing a list?