PDA

View Full Version : I'm Making Linux METAL! (started a YouTube channel)

giddyup306
November 30th, 2010, 05:32 PM
I've been meaning to do this for a while. I just didn't have the processing power or a mic to do so. I'm doing this mostly as tutorials on things that took a while to figure out, or just plain annoyed the heck out of me.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. I know the first thing someone is going to say is that the intro and outro are too long. Well, the riffs were too cool, and I didn't want to cut them down.

Their are a couple slight misspeaks in the video. It's not like I had a script or practiced for hours. It's all impromptu.

The first one is with problems that I encountered when trying to install my drivers for my Lexmark Pro 901 printer/scanner.

I'll try and do another one today on how to bypass the "press S to skip mounting" BS. That's annoying.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the way that this video turned out. Their are only a couple of minor things that I didn't like. The audio is a little distorted at times. I don't know how it will sound on your computer because I can only test it on my computer. The first picture doesn't match the rest because I made the intro template and created the black Ubuntu background by accident. I liked it, so it stuck. I'm not sure how to get rid of the black bars on the sides. Also the resolution of the desktop is crappy, and hard to read. I guess you'll just have to live with it. The only other thing is the misspeaks which I mentioned.

Their are a couple of F and S bombs in the vid, so if you're offended by them, or will get in trouble at work, don't watch.

I know I need some work on the videos in the future, but I haven't figured out how to do some editing things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_NVRQ2eUv4