PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu 10.10 install

steve0914
November 30th, 2010, 04:38 AM
hello all, i have been running 10.04 on my netbook for a few months now. i installed the new package updates and it wouldn't boot after. I had used wubi for the initial install and since it wouldn't boot i uninstalled ubuntu and tried to install 10.10 with wubi. the install seems to work and i get to the reboot screen, after i reboot it, i select ubuntu and it goes to a screen the says like finishing install and counts down from 5 to 0. after it stops and doesn't go further. i figured it might be 10.10 so i deleted it and re-downloaded wubi 10.04. the same thing happened. so i deleted everything and then downloaded and followed the instructions from the website for using a usb. same issue. i am at a loss, any suggestions?

MindController
November 30th, 2010, 05:20 AM
how about install without wubi coz i always install without wubi. check this (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation) .

steve0914
November 30th, 2010, 07:05 AM
ok so i tried that, and now the purple background will load and it goes into a load screen with a bunch of stuff scrolling then just stops. i don't have a cd drive, so this seems to be my only way, can anyone link me to a 10.04 download for netbooks?