PDA

View Full Version : Is this fair?

kevin11951
November 30th, 2010, 03:35 AM
These are the costs associated with getting a support contract from my business. Its for the support of both the hardware and software of open source software deployments (email servers, routers, etc...):

http://wiki.kviero.com/index.php/Support_Contracts

So... are the prices fair?

CharlesA
November 30th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Looks fair to me. Support contracts are frigging expensive.

Austin25
November 30th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Looks fair to me. Support contracts are frigging expensive.
It's compensation for all the, "Where's the any key?"

MisterGaribaldi
November 30th, 2010, 07:04 AM
It's compensation for all the, "Where's the any key?"

Got that right.

Heck, those rates are cheap! I'm used to seeing ones that are thousands a month, but then that's for bigger operations and to support 0 downtime highly redundant equipment backing mission critical applications and needs.

iponeverything
November 30th, 2010, 07:49 AM
These are the costs associated with getting a support contract from my business. Its for the support of both the hardware and software of open source software deployments (email servers, routers, etc...):

http://wiki.kviero.com/index.php/Support_Contracts

So... are the prices fair?

yes. Compared to the bills that I have seen, your prices very good.

CharlesA
November 30th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Got that right.

Heck, those rates are cheap! I'm used to seeing ones that are thousands a month, but then that's for bigger operations and to support 0 downtime highly redundant equipment backing mission critical applications and needs.

Where I work, we support a number of companies that have hardware support contracts that cost them tens of thousand of dollars a year. Of course, that's not a contract for 0 downtime, but it gets them a 4 hour response time for the most part and is well worth it.

julio_cortez
November 30th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Very good prices, but I guess these are the "base" prices upon which you're going to charge something like 10$ per hour of work (theoretical price, you may be able to charge more than that) if you are actually called for support.
Plus, you should consider something like 1$ per mile if you are actually called to work at the customer's place (provided that sooner or later you will have to drive to the customers' places). :)

By the way, are you Italian or have Italian origins?