PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to install Ubuntu 10.04 on an Hp Z600 with raid 1

Papadj
November 29th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Hello,

I am having trouble installing Ubuntu 10.04 on a HP Z600 with a two disc raid system. Is there a way to solve this without using the alternate cd (where the data files seem to be corrupted). The regular 10.04 cant find any drives on which to install, the 10.04 alternate cd´s all have corrupted files. I have tried downloading the .iso from two mirrors as well as from .torrent, all have data problems. The HASH checksums are fine, only the data on the burned discs are wrong. I have also tried using a USB install, but there are problems there aswell. At the moment I have win 7 on the disc as on the other partition, and have been using Ubuntu 10.10 (that is now an unbootable broken system), but have to downgrade to 10.04 becasue of software requirements.

Greatful for any help.

The RAID seems to be an INTEL Raid . From HP homepage:
Integrated 6 channel SATA 3 Gb/s controller with RAID (0, 1, 5 or 10) capability, optional SAS controller, LSI 3041E 4-port SAS/SATA, with RAID (0, 1 or 10) capability

ronparent
November 30th, 2010, 06:44 AM
The simplest fix for your problem is to run the install from the live cd. You would need to install kpartx to the install session and prior the install to enable gparted to see the raid partitions. Also, an install along side with Win 7 will probably proceed more smoothly if you create an extended partition with sufficient space to install Ubuntu to. This could get complicated if you already have four or more primary partitions showing in Win7. Post if you need more information. As long as you can see partitions as raid partitions in gparted you should be able to safely proceed.