PDA

View Full Version : My password made me fat

DoubleClicker
November 29th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I had an experience, that may be a source of amusement for some of you...

Generally speaking I have always used passwords that are somewhat nemonic and easy to remember. Some examples of ones I've used in the past are: Ngrants2m,go4itMan, Ih82PonU, and even 2B||!2B=?

For quite a while I was using eatB4bed, but what i didn't realize was that I was programming my subconscious. After a while whenever I though about going to bed, instead of going to my bedroom, i would go to the kitchen and eat something. My weight shot up about 20 lbs before It occurred to me what I was doing. So in response I changed my password to one that suggested being thinner, and I've already dropped a couple lbs.
\\:D/

Khakilang
November 29th, 2010, 10:04 AM

Generally speaking I have always used passwords that are somewhat nemonic and easy to remember. Some examples of ones I've used in the past are: Ngrants2m,go4itMan, Ih82PonU, and even 2B||!2B=?

For quite a while I was using eatB4bed, but what i didn't realize was that I was programming my subconscious. After a while whenever I though about going to bed, instead of going to my bedroom, i would go to the kitchen and eat something. My weight shot up about 20 lbs before It occurred to me what I was doing. So in response I changed my password to one that suggested being thinner, and I've already dropped a couple lbs.

Maybe you should try this password fit4life and you never have to see a doctor again.
:popcorn:

c00lwaterz
November 29th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Maybe you should try this password fit4life and you never have to see a doctor again.

nice one lols :D

Spice Weasel
November 29th, 2010, 11:16 AM
en4blEtimeTravel3

julio_cortez
November 29th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Also I've tried setting IDDQD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iddqd#Typical_effects_of_cheats) as my login password but I'm not sure whether it has rendered me immortal or not.
Plus, I'm not sure if immortality is active only when I'm logged into Ubuntu or is extended also to other real-life practices like, for example, participating in a boxing contest (which will bring me tons of $$$). I'm definitely trying it out sooner or later.

Let's get serious anyway: when I had caffeine as my default login/authentication password here at work (I wouldn't tell you if I hadn't already changed it for good, ayway), I used to really drink more coffee.
Just because now I often forget to have my coffee at half-morning, while back in the days having to type caffeine 10 to 15 times a day helped me keeping in mind to do my well-earned coffee-break.

Oxwivi
November 29th, 2010, 12:01 PM
When you type in the password, you're thinking of the word, and the more you type, the more its ingrained into your psyche. Hence your behavior. Bit of like brainwashing, eh? :D

c@ssie
November 30th, 2010, 07:45 AM
When you type in the password, you're thinking of the word, and the more you type, the more its ingrained into your psyche. Hence your behavior. Bit of like brainwashing, eh? :D
Yeah it really gets in your head. I had a similar experience with the password ImastRb82much
:lolflag:

wilee-nilee
November 30th, 2010, 07:49 AM

We see those Ubuntu bloated threads once in awhile now we know why, its that darn password.

Oxwivi
November 30th, 2010, 08:36 AM
sPamUbunTu4umS!

DoubleClicker
November 30th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Darn, now I have to change my password again. :lol:

that's basically how it works, it's like subliminal hypnosis.

Yeah it really gets in your head. I had a similar experience with the password ImastRb82much
:lolflag:
i hope you changed it before you went blind or grew hair on your palms. ;)

We see those Ubuntu bloated threads once in awhile now we know why, its that darn password.
Maybe Mark's password is addm||2ubun24ever :biggrin:

Grenage
November 30th, 2010, 11:32 AM
It's amazing what people will blame for their rotundity. ;)

Oxwivi
November 30th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Why don't you try it yourself, if the blame is genuine or not? :D