PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Failed to fetch archives after a system crash durring upgrade

sansa90
November 29th, 2010, 12:35 AM
So I think I have a host of problems all stemming from one. What originally happened was I was just getting back into Ubuntu, and I saw that there was a system upgrade to 9.04. Anyways, I accepted and let it do it's thing. Then the computer froz up completely, there was no way to get it undone, and it did not fix it's self with time, it just sat there, frozen as could be. So I saw no option other than to shut it down manually. I then turned the computer back on, and I went into Ubuntu. It got all corrupted, and the only thing I can get into is the terminal. So I figured, "Why not just go to another computer and look online for how to do it through the command line. I found it, and then tried. But it wont let me use

sudo apt-get update or sudo apt-get upgrade

It sais that it failed to fetch the archive off of the internet. Is there anyting anyone can think of to fix this problem?

sansa90
December 5th, 2010, 12:59 AM
No one?

sansa90
December 13th, 2010, 01:00 AM
It has been a week, and something new come up. I can get into KDE sometimes, which i didn't know I had on my system, as I did not make the computer. But I can't connect to the internet. Anyways, does this bode well for my system?