PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Google Chrome

c0989
November 28th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Please can someone help me.

I am so close to making the switch from Windows, in fact I am already planning some new hobbies that I can do in the time I will save waiting for Vista to boot.
However I have hit one massive problem. Google Chrome looks rubbish, almost unworkable.
I have flicked around with fonts such as Tahoma and Ubuntu as well as sizes but it is now a mess.
Can someone advise me on some of the best options. Generally I like the Windows look (which I think uses Tahoma)
I also have no idea what the fixed width thing is all about, please can someone help me or point me in the direction of something useful

Thanks

Penguin=)
November 28th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Pick up some fonts from the internet, you get loads.
Here is a great site for that kind of stuff!:

http://crunchbang.org/archives/2007/10/13/465-free-fonts-for-ubuntu/

i go there for my fonts!

hope this helps

c0989
November 28th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Thanks for getting back to me, forgive my ignorance but why are the fonts on Ubuntu itself fine? They all look very nice and I am plenty happy, but Google Chrome looks terrible.

Are these fonts available to be used in Google chrome only and not effect the rest of the application?

akand074
November 28th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Chrome looks fine to me. Have you tried going to Preferences > Personal Stuff and setting it to use GTK+ Theme? I guess you could also download themes. But it looks fine to me.