PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Adding folders to Places

danbar
November 28th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I want to know if it's possible to add more folders to Places (Music, Documents, Pictures etc..). If yes how?

tom4everitt
November 28th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Just open a Natilus window (click on for example 'Home Folder' in Places). Drag and drop the folders you want to add to the left pane. They will be added both to the left pane and Places.

Simsalabim :)

akand074
November 28th, 2010, 11:13 PM
You could also just go to "bookmarks" in nautilus and choose "add to bookmarks". That will add them to places.

danbar
November 29th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Just open a Natilus window (click on for example 'Home Folder' in Places). Drag and drop the folders you want to add to the left pane. They will be added both to the left pane and Places.

Yes! That's it. It was so simple. Many thanks for your help.

danbar
November 29th, 2010, 06:34 AM
just a curious question: I accidentally deleted one of the folders (as I needed to do some changes), where does it go as I checked the trash and there were no deleted files there ?

Paanini
November 29th, 2010, 09:45 AM
When you say 'delete; do you mean you removed it from your Nautilus Bookmarks / Places Menu ?
If that's the case then no harm done, your folder will still be in it's original location - you can just go back and drag and drop the folder into the Bookmarks panel to the left of any Nautilus Window.

danbar
November 29th, 2010, 09:30 PM
OK thanks!

mdba
May 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM
You cannot add it to Places but you can add it as a bookmark, just open the folder and press Ctrl+D on your keyboard it will create the bookmark automatically.

oldos2er
May 5th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Closed, please don't bump old threads.