PDA

View Full Version : apprenticeship

got2get
November 28th, 2010, 08:15 PM
hey ppl

i`v been usin` ubuntu for a few years, and its been my only OS for about a year now, mostly as a regular home user.

in the past few weeks i started readin` Bash Guide For Beginners, and while it`s a fairly simple book, i find it hard to memorize commands and processes because i don`t have anythin` to use them on (as a regular home user).

so i came up with this idea that it might be fun to become some kind of apprentice to someone who`s workin` on somethin` as a way of learnin`.

so i`m here offerin` my services as an apprentice for anyone who thinks he can use me in a productive way to do relatively simple tasks.

even tho my knowledge is very limited in comparison to most, i believe anyone with a little creativity will be able to use what little i know in a way that will be beneficial to the both of us.

my experience and knowledge at the moment adds up to:

very basic experience
very basic CSS and HTML experience
very basic BASH and scriptin` experience
some past experimentation with Python

i would like to work on somethin` that will give me a chance to learn more about linux, shell, and programin` in general.

i am not interested in learnin` any programin` languages, but will give anythin` my full attention if it serves some other purpose related to linux and the way this system works.

if there`s anyone interested that would like to know more about me, feel free to ask here. or you can aMSN/skype me on got2get99@yahoo.com if you want to have a talk.

tnx in advance