PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to change login key ring?

agmath
November 28th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Hello.
Recently I have installed ubuntu 10.10 in my laptop.Initially during installation I set a very week password.So I have to change the root password later.I am using wired Internet connection. After that whenever I am starting chat under the evolution mail tab,it says that enter password to unlock your login keyring.It I starts working fine after giving my old password.I want to change it to match to the newer root password.
Please help.
Anjan

fooman
November 28th, 2010, 07:21 PM
try going to applications > accessories > password and encryption keys

under the "passwords" tab....right-click on "passwords: login" and choose change password from the drop-down list. a box will pop up where you can change the login keyring.

hope that helps

agmath
November 28th, 2010, 08:15 PM
My operating system is ubuntu 10.10. After going to applications > accessories,I could not find the option for password and encryption keys.I know it was there in earlier versions of ubuntu as I have another laptop running ubuntu 9.10.
Please tell me what to do for this newer version of ubuntu.

Locke_99GS
November 28th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Maverick moved the "Password and Encryption" menu entry to either System/Preferences or System/Administration. I'm on a Lucid machine right now, so I can't be certain which.

fooman
November 28th, 2010, 08:31 PM
oops, sorry....i had posted that from my lucid install.

Locke_99GS is correct, it is in: system > preferences > password and encryption keys

my apologies.