PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] need help to connect bsnl 3g

alihasan
November 28th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Pls help me to connect my bsnl 3g modem

os-ubuntu 10.04
modem- huawei e156g
mobile sim- bsnl 3g punjab

problem is that when i connect my modem on usb it will detected in mobile brodband
connection manager as huawei brodband huawei mobile after that i will also fill the proper apn(bsnlnet) and no(*99#) and username(bsnlnet)Password is blank but when i connect it will prompt me for a password but no password is provided by my service provider and thay said that no password is required and also internet working in windows7 without password and same settings but i want to use in ubuntu.

pls help pls help pls help anyone for humanity

Regards
Anil Kumar as alihasan

alihasan
November 28th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Pls help me to connect my bsnl 3g modem

os-ubuntu 10.04
modem- huawei e156g
mobile sim- bsnl 3g punjab

problem is that when i connect my modem on usb it will detected in mobile brodband
connection manager as huawei brodband huawei mobile after that i will also fill the proper apn(bsnlnet) and no(*99#) and username(bsnlnet)Password is blank but when i connect it will prompt me for a password but no password is provided by my service provider and thay said that no password is required and also internet working in windows7 without password and same settings but i want to use in ubuntu.

pls help pls help pls help anyone for humanity

Regards
Anil Kumar as alihasan

help

alexfish
November 28th, 2010, 11:39 AM
hi

if the message box heads up with Enter password for Keyring

this is the password for the Keyring Manager "For Network Manager"

if you have previously set a password then enter the password

or if no password was set , set connection password ,
enter a password other than system password

alexfish

alihasan
December 15th, 2010, 01:16 PM
DEAR

I TRIED SOME DIGITS U CAN SAY THAT PASSWORDS BUT NO GO.
NO CONNECTION PASSWORD IS REQUIRED AS PER MY ISP

ALSO CHK IN LSUSB MY MODEM IS DETECTED.ALSO TRIED WITH PHONE AND OTHER USB MODEMS.

I THINK IF THERE IS NO PASSWORD IS CONFIGURE IN ISP THAT IS NOT GETTING CONNECTED .
BECAUSE AM TRIED WITH TATA WHIZ USB MODEM THAT HAVE A PASSWORD IN CONNECTION SETTINGS THAT WAS WORKIN FINE.BUT I WANT TO USE BSNL.

CAN I CONNECT THAT WITHOUT PASSWORD BECAUSE ITS WORKING WITHOUT PASSWORD IN WIN?

THANX IN ADVANCE
Regards
Ali

alexfish
December 15th, 2010, 01:54 PM
hi

from reading the post , I am assuming when your trying to connect , that a pop up message box is appearing

if not so ,can you explain further . Also can you post screen shot of what is happening

alexfish

alihasan
December 20th, 2010, 02:26 PM
dear

am not able to send screenshot.yes u r right,exactly a box is appearing.
what i have to do now

Regards
Ali hAsan

alihasan
January 5th, 2011, 02:12 PM
can anyone help ?

alihasan
January 5th, 2011, 02:15 PM
PLS HELP FOR HUMENITY:cry:

REGARDS

ALI HASAN