PDA

View Full Version : Re: Use of the term "M$" to refer to Microsoft

NadirPoint
November 27th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Apparently using the M(dollarsign) notation referring to Microsoft is considered derrogatory and against forum rules, so my 2nd post in 2 and a half years was summarily deleted.

Sorry, but that is just way too PC for my taste.

On an Ubuntu forum, no less. Wow. Just wow.

Guess I won't be posting so much any more. :p

If you're going to be THAT PC, you should probably put stuff like that in the bad words filter. But then again some people like being keyboard commandos.

JMHO.

KiwiNZ
November 29th, 2010, 12:12 AM
With respect if you wish your posts to be taken seriously and your posts to have a more "adult " air to them, then using tired and somewhat immature terms such as "M$ ,Winblows" etc is not going to achieve that.

having said that I will refer you to the Forum Code of Conduct ...

"Attacks and derogatory terms of any kind are not welcome. This includes references to other operating systems and the companies that produce them."

bodhi.zazen
November 30th, 2010, 08:06 AM
With respect if you wish your posts to be taken seriously and your posts to have a more "adult " air to them, then using tired and somewhat immature terms such as "M$ ,Winblows" etc is not going to achieve that.

having said that I will refer you to the Forum Code of Conduct ...

"Attacks and derogatory terms of any kind are not welcome. This includes references to other operating systems and the companies that produce them."

I agree. You do not need to use an insulting tone to promote Ubuntu, and using such terms only makes you look bad.

NadirPoint
December 29th, 2010, 06:07 PM
With respect if you wish your posts to be taken seriously and your posts to have a more "adult " air to them,

OK, "Dark Lord!" :lolflag: