PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.10 Webcam with built in mic problems. (Creative live notebook pro vf0400)

addyc
November 26th, 2010, 11:49 PM
I am currently having an issue with Ubuntu 10.10 and my webcam Creative! Live Cam Pro VF0400. The webcam works without any problems, however the microphone only works 50% of the time. It works if I end a skype call, call again and repeat until it works. On Flash based sites such as Tinychat, and Blogtv the microphone is not found whatsoever. The only thing that pops up is 'Linux Microphone'. Under the sound preferences, Under the 'Input' tab, "Live Cam Notebook Pro [VF0400] Analog Mono is checked. It's also visible under hardware. It says 'Analog Mono Input' under the name, if that helps any. Whenever I go to the audio settings in Skype, I get a 'PulseAudio Server [Local] on all three of the settings, I can't choose anything else. Also, while I'm in the audio preferences under the input tab, when my Webcam is checked, I can see the Input level pulsing.

All in all, I believe I just need to alter a few settings to get my microphone to work. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

If it helps any, I'm running a Toshiba Satellite C655 with Ubuntu 10.10.

Update; I just tested the microphone on the audio recorder, and it works however it comes out all chipmunk'd and fast forwarded..

addyc
November 27th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Friendly 22-hour bump.

bertv
January 22nd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Yo Addyc, how did you get the camera to work? I have the same camera on an Ubuntu 10.10 PC and the camera just doesn make the connection to the PC. Works fine on my laptop that is running on XP, though, :o.

My mike seems to be working fine, though and I haven done anything special for that, so I am sorry I can help you with your own problem.

Greetz,
Bert.