PDA

View Full Version : David Icke Forums Talking about Linux

uraliss
November 26th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Hi Guys,
Just thought you would like to know there is a discussion taking place on one of the other forums I frequent about the advantages of switching to linux.
Its on the David Icke forums - here:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145927

The people are great and open minded and many are looking for alternatives to windows.

Thought you might like to check it out.

Paqman
November 26th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Don't mention Suse, it has a lizard for a mascot...

Rasa1111
November 26th, 2010, 11:08 PM
:)
some good minds in that thread. ;)

Don't mention Suse, it has a lizard for a mascot...

lmao! that's funny.

and to make it worse...
didnt MS just buy SUSE?
or something like that?
haha,
the 'reptilians' have infiltrated the Linux world! O_o . lol :lol:
:P

kvant
November 26th, 2010, 11:26 PM
:)
some good minds in that thread. ;)

lmao! that's funny.

and to make it worse...
didnt MS just buy SUSE?
or something like that?
haha,
the 'reptilians' have infiltrated the Linux world! O_o . lol :lol:
:P

Agreed.

WienerWuerstel
November 26th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Who the f# is David Icke? xD

But nice to see some People that actually know the Advantages of Linux and don't just bash it because it's not from MS.

uraliss
November 27th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Try to be open minded and look at some of the posts.
Who knows... an open mind can learn something.

Rasa1111
November 27th, 2010, 12:19 AM

But nice to see some People that actually know the Advantages of Linux and don't just bash it because it's not from MS.

He is a good guy,
though his subjects very controversial.
Many I feel hold much merit,
others, not soo much..
Try google though . ;)

speedwell68
November 27th, 2010, 12:44 AM

He was an professional footballer in the UK in the early'70s. When he retired from the professional game, he became a sports reporter and later a presenter for the BBC. In the early '90s he proclaimed himself to be the son of god. Since he has made a fat wad of cash from books, TV and speech tours as sort of prophet. He mainly deals in wacko conspiracy theories and pseudo politics. Such gems as the world is being controlled by a race of reptilian super beings, disguised as humans. Lots think he is inspired, lots think he a loony, he has come in for a lot of ridicule. Personally I think he is very intelligent and knows how to milk a lot of money from very gullible people. A sort of latter day L.Ron Hubbard.

drawkcab
November 27th, 2010, 04:29 AM
David Icke's bizarre world view has single-handedly synonimized "conspiracy theorist" with "delusional nutcase."

Consider all the hype around 2012 end-of-the-world scenerios. In essence it is an ideological screen, a fantastic, imaginary apocalypse that covers over or conceals the real environmental holocaust that is occuring all around us. As such, it allows us to temporarily displace our real, though perhaps unconscious, anxieties onto something that is silly and therfore dismissable.

Icke's wacky take on the illuminati being populated by reptilian shape shifters functions in a similar way. It is a silly dismissable fantasy which conceals the way in which class struggles and the concentration of wealth tend to frustrate our efforts to realize democratic culture in America.

Ultimately, the popularity of Icke's work is then used to discredit legitimate journalistic investigation into the behind-the-scenes operation of power. When the powerful are brought to account, all they need to say is that they are not willing to answer the work of some "conspiracy theorist"--the implication being that anyone who uncovers a "conspiracy" must a be a delusional nutcase whose hypotheses are [I]a priori[I] dismissible by sane, rational individuals.

alexfish
November 27th, 2010, 05:09 AM
MM!

seems the home page is only promoting two words

matt_symes
November 27th, 2010, 10:30 AM

Funny. :popcorn:

Pogeymanz
November 27th, 2010, 05:02 PM
David Icke's bizarre world view has single-handedly synonimized "conspiracy theorist" with "delusional nutcase."

Consider all the hype around 2012 end-of-the-world scenerios. In essence it is an ideological screen, a fantastic, imaginary apocalypse that covers over or conceals the real environmental holocaust that is occuring all around us. As such, it allows us to temporarily displace our real, though perhaps unconscious, anxieties onto something that is silly and therfore dismissable.

Icke's wacky take on the illuminati being populated by reptilian shape shifters functions in a similar way. It is a silly dismissable fantasy which conceals the way in which class struggles and the concentration of wealth tend to frustrate our efforts to realize democratic culture in America.

Ultimately, the popularity of Icke's work is then used to discredit legitimate journalistic investigation into the behind-the-scenes operation of power. When the powerful are brought to account, all they need to say is that they are not willing to answer the work of some "conspiracy theorist"--the implication being that anyone who uncovers a "conspiracy" must a be a delusional nutcase whose hypotheses are [I]a priori[I] dismissible by sane, rational individuals.

Thank you for putting my thoughts into words.