PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] big help needed

baal81
November 26th, 2010, 08:08 PM
iŽm now slowy crazy.....

iŽll try since f... 3 days install ubuntu again, but iŽll become error 5 on every try !!

i used usb sticks, sd cards, cdroms ... but even the same error...
my corsair ssd works fine thats not the problem but i now have no more ideas what i can do.

only one use f... windows xp the only thing that runs without problems. not normal in the most ways windows is the problem not linux ... but now iŽll tried it 3 days and nothing work ..

and that all only because the hdmi from the nvidia ion makes trouble... first i had no sound, and then sound but 1 min wheres the sound gone my lg lcd tv says sorry heres no signal anymore ... -.-

sikander3786
November 26th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the forums :-)

Please post your hardware specs including graphics card and RAM.

And what is the problem exactly now? There is no sound or there is no display? Or both?

Can you boot Ubuntu successfully?

baal81
November 26th, 2010, 09:02 PM
its an asus ion mainboard with an intel atom 330 cpu
graka is an nvidia ion
and an corsair ssd
installed is an 2 gb ram modul but 256 mb gos to the nvidia

to biggest prob is that i canŽt install ubuntu anymore -.-
when i want install the installer means error 5 und then he chrashes to the end...

sikander3786
November 26th, 2010, 09:08 PM
when i want install the installer means error 5 und then he chrashes to the end...

We need to know when does that happen? When booting the disc or on the install screen or the partitioning page or what?

How far can you go when you boot from the Live CD? Do you see the desktop and later when you start installation, that error comes up?

It would be really helpful if you could please produce the original error message.

Thanks.

baal81
November 26th, 2010, 09:15 PM
i can boot and all works, but the installer stops at 85% with an crash and before he brings the error 5 ....more and less

baal81
November 26th, 2010, 09:39 PM
iŽll try now as last way the netinstaller from ubntu 10.10
and iŽl hope that i have not the same prob like before, with the hdmi cable ...
the sound is not the prob but when the sound ends, 30 sec. later my lcd tv means theres no signal more... but when iŽll start an player that plays sound iŽll see the desktop... i think its an prob with the nvidia ion driver

sikander3786
November 27th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Sometimes you need to put in the nomodeset parameter for Nvidia cards.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDBootOptions

baal81
November 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM
unbelievable :confused:,

the ubuntu 10.4.1 installs without probs -.-
i donŽt know why i can install the 10.10 only one time on my ssd drvie -.- but iŽll tried now 3 cds, 3 dvds and sd cards, usb sticks ....

so i now hope that the hdmi port works without errors, 3 days time lost ... not again ... when all works iŽll make an acronis backup ... its pure horror when u every 5 min see an installation error 5 ... and then u take an 10.4.1 cd and all works ... :rolleyes:

ok now all works fine... also was the ubuntu 10.10 the big problem ... no probs with the hdmi kabel soudn is there .. and the installer works fine too...

mörgæs
November 27th, 2010, 03:42 PM
It is not uncommon. The various releases of Ubuntu are way different, and expecting that new is always best is dangerous.