PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial Website Project!

gogosds
November 26th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Hello guys!

I would like you to all invite you to the forums i am starting.

The website is gonna be about tutorials, there will be many categories available for discussion and to post tutorials! :)

The project has not been released to public yet.

Currently looking for some moderators to build my main core of the forum!!
You are all welcome to join and post your tutorials there!

gogosds
November 26th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Bump

comon! :)

fatality_uk
November 26th, 2010, 01:55 PM
1. No link to anything so can't really see what's already there

2. Re above, is there anything there, i.e. you have some already or you expecting people to start this for you?

3. People usually come on board with a project after they have joined and are happy they want to participate. See above!

gogosds
November 26th, 2010, 03:15 PM
i didnt post the URL for 2 reasons , one is for advertisement and the second one is its not released for public till i get a full team ;)

Lucradia
November 26th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Is it for all tutorials in general? That won't fly off very fast, as people look to google using specific keywords for the tutorials they want. if you have a big website for everything, to be honest, I'd go somewhere else.

Too much information to be honest. (By the way, if you think Wikipedia is too much information, then don't bother arguing, Wikipedia is part-search-engine as well, and allows me to search specifically for what I want, but it's been there for a long time; your website has yet to be up at all.)

And you say "Forums," which means this thread will very likely be moved or locked. Also, forum search engines aren't good at all, and Google can't use site:<domain> very well on redirect sites such as dot tk, cc, etc.

Google can't search site:<domain>/folder very well either, so if you use a remote forum host such as proBoards, InvisionFree, etc. then it'll be worse.

Goldfissh
November 26th, 2010, 03:27 PM
There's no point in creating a website regarding tutorials, as they are pretty much ALL on Google, or on this forum. Why would people choose your forum over this one?

gogosds
November 26th, 2010, 08:09 PM
because it aims to be a warm community and literally when you search for some tutorials on a website that has many different tutorials you may find something that interest you that you didnt know in the past

limestone
November 26th, 2010, 08:13 PM
http://www.thenewboston.com/
Here is a guy who has tones of tutorials and he's good explainer to.

madjr
November 26th, 2010, 11:55 PM
is no use to gather a team now, if you wont have enough visitors to justify it till probably in one year from now.

Lucradia
November 27th, 2010, 08:04 AM
is no use to gather a team now, if you wont have enough visitors to justify it till probably in one year from now.

To be honest, one year is a big understatement, try 3 or 5.

Old Marcus
November 27th, 2010, 08:07 AM
The trick with these things is the same as making mods for games. Do a good chunk of the work yourself, then try and get a team together. Getting a team to join you when you have nothing isn't going to work.

lisati
November 27th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Just a suggestion: populate the forum/blog/website and link to it so the search engines can find it. Then people might start taking it more seriously.

madjr
November 27th, 2010, 09:59 AM
To be honest, one year is a big understatement, try 3 or 5.

well, i was being nice :)

but if he really works hard at it daily he could have something in a year or 2