PDA

View Full Version : NookColor's future

donniezazen
November 26th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Hi,

I just got my first ever ebook reader - NookColor. How do you compare its hardware with other evil-i-pads and tablets? It correctly runs Android 2.1 and a couple of apps. Is the hardware capable of running the soon-to-be-born Gingerbread and other apps?

Thanks.

juancarlospaco
November 26th, 2010, 03:29 AM
I see a Nook running Debian, i dont know if its a Linux or a BSD.

donniezazen
November 26th, 2010, 05:56 AM
It is preloaded with Android 2.1

MisterGaribaldi
November 26th, 2010, 06:38 AM
I think the NookColor's future is going to be parallel to the regular Nook. I'm not really sure why people want a color Nook when you have an iPad using the same screen and other tablets which are running Android 2.2. I've thought about getting a Nook from time to time, and mostly I'm interested in the very ink-on-paper quality of the Nook's screen. The last thing I would want is to have my eyes further grated on by another LCD.

Besides, LCDs get hard to read in bright and/or sunlit situations; the original Nooks look perfectly good no matter how bright the area you're in is.

aysiu
November 26th, 2010, 08:33 AM
I'm not really sure why people want a color Nook when you have an iPad using the same screen and other tablets which are running Android 2.2. How about the NookColor costing half the price of the iPad and other similiar touchscreen tablets?

NCLI
November 26th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Hi,

I just got my first ever ebook reader - NookColor. How do you compare its hardware with other evil-i-pads and tablets? It correctly runs Android 2.1 and a couple of apps. Is the hardware capable of running the soon-to-be-born Gingerbread and other apps?

Thanks.
Sorry to have to break it to you, but what you've bought is a pretty good tablet, but a poor ebook reader. If you wanted a good ebook reader, you should've bought the original Nook, or the Kindle.