PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10 & Nvidia Twinview headaches

dreamsound
November 26th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, but I'm at my wits end.

I have 2 Geforce 6200LE cards in the machine with the 260.19.06 Nvidia driver & the Nvidia control panel. I can get both monitors lit up easily enough, but these seem to be the only available options no matter how many different settings I mess with:

1.)Enable Xinerama: Turns the right monitor an extended desktop which is what I'm wanting. Opening the Jack control window crashes X (at least I think that's what's happening) & I have to go back to the log in screen & start everything back up again.

2.) Disable Xinerama: Gives me 2 completely separate desktops which I can't move windows between, or stretch one window across both monitors. Jack doesn't crash anything, but without being able to stretch Ardour across 2 screens, I may as well stick with Sonar on Windows.

The ultimate way I'd want it to work is an extended desktop on the right, and display not crashing with Jack starting. I've been around and around in the Nvidia control panel trying different options for about 4 hours now...

Anyway, help appreciated :-)

todd

dreamsound
November 26th, 2010, 08:37 AM
K..I guess since Blender hates Xinerama as well, I'm disabling it. I'll keep checking back here to see if someone chimes in though.

todd