PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Permission Denied

staind94
November 25th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Hello, after time away, I decided to give Ubuntu another shot. I am using the LiveCD to install inside windows and I am getting the permission denied error after the installation. I am also the Admin on the laptop so why would I be getting a permission denied message? If someone can help me with this, that would be great!! :)

skillet-thief
November 25th, 2010, 10:38 PM
At what point are you getting the "Permission denied" message? What do you see on the screen when you get it?

matt_symes
November 25th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Hi

Hello, after time away, I decided to give Ubuntu another shot. I am using the LiveCD to install inside windows and I am getting the permission denied error after the installation. I am also the Admin on the laptop so why would I be getting a permission denied message? If someone can help me with this, that would be great!! :)

What are you doing when you get permission denied?

More Info needed.

Kind regards

staind94
November 25th, 2010, 10:47 PM
At what point are you getting the "Permission denied" message? What do you see on the screen when you get it?

Hi

What are you doing when you get permission denied?

More Info needed.

Kind regards

@skillet-thief: I get it at the end of the installation of Ubuntu 10.10. And on screen it says this: An error occurred: Permission Denied For more info. please see the log file...

@matt_symes: I was simply trying to install Ubuntu from the LiveCD and I get the error above.

davidmohammed
November 25th, 2010, 10:53 PM
similar thread here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1144599&page=3) - some people have pointed to a bad CD. Others have suggested fixes. Hope this helps.

staind94
November 25th, 2010, 10:58 PM
similar thread here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1144599&page=3) - some people have pointed to a bad CD. Others have suggested fixes. Hope this helps.

Thank you for this bit of information. I will try burning another LiveCD and see if that works. If I return, then that shows it didn't work lol.

d3v1150m471c
November 25th, 2010, 11:05 PM
are you trying to install it with wubi? if so, don't...boot the livecd...are you trying to run the cd from inside windows? if so, don't, boot the live cd.