PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man Computer/Desktop

Tapplington
November 25th, 2010, 05:38 PM
ok im a newbie nd although i really wanna know bout techie stuff i dont so here goes:
in the film iron man not counting the AI J.A.R.V.I.S Stark has a computer desktop which is awesome. Can someone explain to me in really simple terms how some1 cud make sumthin similar no matter the cost? And remember KEEP IT SIMPLE i genuinely know pretty much nuthin bout tech :p

Gremlinzzz
November 25th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Didn't see the movie.do you have pictures of the desktop?

Hippytaff
November 25th, 2010, 05:50 PM
It's a 3d desktop pretty much :-)

Donalt2010
November 25th, 2010, 05:56 PM
http://youtu.be/mbj3XSvDyw8 Heres a link with no audio think it sums up pretty much what your asking Gremlin

Spice Weasel
November 25th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Try a tiling window manager like DWM or Awesome and open up lots of black terminals (be sure to customize the .Xdefaults to get cool colours). Tiling window managers can turn anyone in to a pro Hollywood movie hacker.

Gremlinzzz
November 25th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Thats impressive but i never seen such a desktop.

aeiah
November 25th, 2010, 06:06 PM
the type of display is a natural user interface. at least, the interaction is. the actual 3D projection stuff isn't particularly possible right now but the other stuff is.

Tapplington
November 26th, 2010, 11:15 AM
so the desktop bit with exploded view of stuffisn't possible now but the actual desktop style thing is?
Nd wot bout AI like J.A.R.V.I.S is anythin like that possible?

NCLI
November 26th, 2010, 11:24 AM
so the desktop bit with exploded view of stuffisn't possible now but the actual desktop style thing is?
Nd wot bout AI like J.A.R.V.I.S is anythin like that possible?

No, not anytime soon.