PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions?

ki4jgt
November 25th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I have been working on something for a while. You guys have any ideas?

Sean Moran
November 25th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I have been working on something for a while. You guys have any ideas?
Yes. Try shades of grey!

---o0o---

Actually, orange is my colour because I was born on a Thursday, but that only covers around 16% of the population I estimate, so stick with the neutral hues.

ki4jgt
November 25th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Not the artsy type, but where exactly?

(updated version with callsign included)

Sean Moran
November 25th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Not the artsy type, but where exactly?

(updated version with callsign included)
Gold highlights can go a long way to making people happy, especially the poor and greedy ones, but don't overplay that side of it. Keep it nice and neutral and let them make up their own minds in their own good time.

ki4jgt
November 25th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I thought about running a little star light through it. Kind of behind the text

Sean Moran
November 25th, 2010, 10:04 AM
I thought about running a little star light through it. Kind of behind the text
Must agree with that. Also if you might be familiar with some of the extras in GIMP, you could even add a reflection at the bottom, as if the whole image was floating on water. It's a bit of an effort the first time, but only a couple of minutes once you get it worked out.

A little starlight in the top left or right corner would be a great addition, and GIMP does all that fairly neatly without too much hard work.

---o0o---

If you did want a reflection, you could add the starlight first, then cut&paste the lot into a new image, then invert it 180 deg. Then add the reflection with the ripples/waves, and then scale down the image vertically to around 20% of the original, and then add 20% to the canvas size on the original, and cut&paste the reflection on the water back underneath the original image, and save, save save!

ki4jgt
November 25th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Must agree with that. Also if you might be familiar with some of the extras in GIMP, you could even add a reflection at the bottom, as if the whole image was floating on water. It's a bit of an effort the first time, but only a couple of minutes once you get it worked out.

A little starlight in the top left or right corner would be a great addition, and GIMP does all that fairly neatly without too much hard work.

---o0o---

If you did want a reflection, you could add the starlight first, then cut&paste the lot into a new image, then invert it 180 deg. Then add the reflection with the ripples/waves, and then scale down the image vertically to around 20% of the original, and then add 20% to the canvas size on the original, and cut&paste the reflection on the water back underneath the original image, and save, save save!

Thanks. I'm actually thinking of cross coming out of the reflective water. Or putting star light or a jewel into the center <> to make it appear more royal. At the same time I don't know if I want the jewel to exist or not, seeing as Jesus led a humble life.

Sean Moran
November 25th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Thanks. I'm actually thinking of cross coming out of the reflective water. Or putting star light or a jewel into the center <> to make it appear more royal. At the same time I don't know if I want the jewel to exist or not, seeing as Jesus led a humble life.
With utmost respect, Jesus was a jewel in Himself. That's why He could do without chains of gold in this world. I reckon He still enjoyed watching the stars shine on the water here on this planet, but my friend, take the night to sleep on it before you decide which way to proceed. You'll know whether my artsy ideas are good or bad for what you are doing by tomorrow. There are more than one other that knows better than I do.

ki4jgt
November 25th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the advice. I am getting kind of tired. TTYT then. I've gotten several ideas and am trying to mix and mash them all up to form this great work of art. I want it to be beautiful and make people stare until they can't stare any more :-)

ki4jgt
November 26th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Not what I wanted but here we go. I think I'm finished with this. LOL :-)