PDA

View Full Version : Are You Going Out on "Black Friday"? (United States and Canada)

corrytonapple
November 25th, 2010, 05:43 AM
IDK about other countries, but we have "Black Friday" every year after Thanksgiving. So I want to know, are you guys gonna go stand outside a store to try to get a good deal on something? We still have over 27 hours before Black Friday starts for Us and people are already standing outside.. Wow. I won't stand in the cold and in the rain for $30 off something.......... What do you think?

Immolatus
November 25th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Not going out unless i run out of smokes. I don't buy junk and I live in a rural area (all they're selling is junk here). <--Black Friday is only good if you're buying electronics.

corrytonapple
November 25th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Well put. We live in a farming area. Not much for stores besides IGA and the Weigles. Just about it.

RiceMonster
November 25th, 2010, 06:18 AM
FYI, there's none of this Black Friday stuff in Canada. We have Boxing Day for people to get trampled at sales instead.

oldsoundguy
November 25th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I value my life and my current physical condition AND I also don't like the idea of getting my vehicle damaged by somebody with an out of control overloaded shopping cart.

owners4life5
November 25th, 2010, 06:24 AM
I value my life and my current physical condition AND I also don't like the idea of getting my vehicle damaged by somebody with an out of control overloaded shopping cart.

haha +1

czr114
November 25th, 2010, 06:29 AM
I buy all my electronics online, which is a pleasure normally, and even more so if I can avoid the bacchanalian behavior of the consumer cult's nuttiest shopping day.

Traffic? Lines? Stampedes? Waiting?

No thanks.

I can wait until after Christmas for real inventory liquidation to emerge.

MaindotC
November 25th, 2010, 06:40 AM
They're just going to jack up the prices because everyone is caught up in this lie about how it's a "big deal day". The marketers know people will see prices as "black friday deals" no matter what their actual markup is. Look at prices in August, and then look at the same product cost on Black Friday.

0_irishboy_0
November 25th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I plan on picking up a copy of NHL 2011 sometime in the afternoon. Definitely not waking up at the crack of dawn since that game seems to sit on the shelves all year long around here.

Most of my time will be spent eating turkey sandwiches and watching football. Woo hoo!

racie
November 25th, 2010, 07:32 AM
They're just going to jack up the prices because everyone is caught up in this lie about how it's a "big deal day". The marketers know people will see prices as "black friday deals" no matter what their actual markup is. Look at prices in August, and then look at the same product cost on Black Friday.

+1

These "sales" are made by dramatically increasing the regular prices and then putting the "sale" price next to it to make it look like you're getting a good deal. And somehow everyone manages to fall for it and kill each other over everything.

Be smart; compare and shop on the Internet.

RandomJoe
November 25th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I can't stand malls and other stores on a GOOD day, no way no how I'd be caught dead near them on Black Friday! I think those who go are mentally deranged... :p

Not to mention the strong cold front moving in as I type. It's been up in the 60s to 70s the past few days. Just now dipping below freezing with strong winds pushing wind chills even lower, and Thursday / Friday morning it's forecast to be 23 degrees! :o Absolutely nuts to camp out in that for a few dollars off some cheaply-made consumer goods...

Old_Grey_Wolf
November 25th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Big screen TVs, game consoles, and computers with not-so-big discounts. Many of them with inferior specs. They only have 4 to 6 of them in stock. Even if I was interested in them I'm to old to run fast enough to get one. Even if I was the first in line. :)