PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Custom Menu Customize?

Christie_k22
November 24th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I have read through over 250 posts to see if I could find what I am looking for with no luck. Please forgive me if I happened to miss it elsewhere.

I am using the custom menu in my top panel. The one that has 'Applications' 'Places' 'System'. I love how it works and how I have it set up for the most part. What is bugging me is that the words for each thing takes up way too much space on my laptop. It's not such a big deal on my desktop because of the larger screen. Is there a way I can change it so there is an icon for each thing w/o the words being there. And is there a way to edit the colors of the basic Ubuntu icon that is there. i.e. all icons would be the same shape but I'd have a pink Icon for applications a white one for places and a blue one for system to go with my black/pink and some blue that I already have my custom theme set to.

I was thinking I could just set drawers for each thing but when I open a drawer it only shows an icon not the words themselves. I don't want to get confused on which icon is which once I open a drawer.

Any help would be much appreciated!

<3 Christie!