PDA

View Full Version : cannot purge blockcontrol. Messing up automatic updating. Cannot rid it!

ciscoman10
November 24th, 2010, 05:38 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/images/icons/icon11.gif Re: **** moblock!
I have searched around a bit and am having difficulty purging blockcontrol off my system. I am running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS i686 version. I have been able to remove some of the programs attached to blockcontrol but cannot remove blockcontrol. The synaptics package manager and console root access will not rip out blockcontrol. I want the entire Moblock/Blockcontrol set off the system.
root@computer-desktop:/home/nas# sudo apt-get install -f
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up blockcontrol (1.6.13-1~lucid) ...
/etc/blockcontrol/blockcontrol.conf: 15: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
dpkg: error processing blockcontrol (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
blockcontrol
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
root@computer-desktop:/home/nas#

then I tried to remove blockcontrol via the synaptic package manager and got the following popup
E: blockcontrol: subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 2

please help... I have too much setup on this system to just blow it all out and start again.

:wink:

jre
November 25th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Just for the record, I answered here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10153404&postcount=5

So fix /etc/blockcontrol/blockcontrol.conf or just delete it. It only contains custom configuration.

ciscoman10
November 30th, 2010, 03:07 AM
thanks JRE. It now appears to be gone and the synaptic package manager also appears to be satisfied. You probably already guessed but I am new to Ubuntu, this is my first serious install as I configured a home NAS server.

Again, thanks