PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] MS Comfort Optical Mouse 3000: remapped buttons

Splat_NJ
November 24th, 2010, 04:37 AM
For anyone using a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 and would like to get the side red button on the mouse to be the "back" button this is the command you need to enter into terminal:
xinput set-button-map "Microsoft Microsoft Optical Mouse with Tilt Wheel" 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 7 8

This will get your side red button to be the "back" button, however this also makes a tilt right of the wheel a "forward" button. Not a bad setup, actually, and took me about 30mins to figure out. Oh, I'm running Ubuntu 10.10. Cheers.

cwkaya
January 3rd, 2011, 02:00 AM
Thank you !!!

You are a Genious!!! :d

Splat_NJ
January 3rd, 2011, 02:24 AM
Thank you. I'm glad I could help you. Seeing what I originally wrote requires me to clarify something. This "back" button only works in my browser, Firefox. I don't think it does anything within Nautilus. Still, having a back button for Firefox is a good thing. :)

cwkaya
January 3rd, 2011, 03:26 AM
Here it works with firefox, chrome and just tried it within nautilus. and i can say that it does work.

Splat_NJ
January 3rd, 2011, 03:52 AM
Here it works with firefox, chrome and just tried it within nautilus. and i can say that it does work.

Really?! Interesting because it only works as a "back" button for me in Firefox. I'll have to look into this again. Thanks.