PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trouble With Clean Install of 10.10

JSMaxwell
November 24th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I am trying to install 10.10 on my dell latitude e5400. Everything goes fine until I get to the "Who Are You" screen. I put in my name, name my computer, come up with a password. I do everything right (all green checks). Down at the bottom is says "copying files" and eventually gets to "ready when you are." However, the "forward" button is still grayed out, I can only click on the "back" button. I can't move forward. I've tried installing via usb drive and cd and have the same issue with both. It just hangs up at that point. Any ideas? Please be gentle...I am a new linux/ubuntu user.

-=мίиđsρlυs=-
November 24th, 2010, 04:22 AM
Are you using USB Wireless Mouse, Keyboard?

It same happen to me before, what I do is solved my problem: Unplug your power from your back of your computer, On your motherboard, find battery, take it out for 3 to 5 mins, then pasted it back in, If you have CMOS then Clear CMOS jumper also, then try reinstall your Ubuntu again, be sure you formated your hard drive as for fresh install.

Hope this will help but if isn't, let me know or other Staff members will help you out.

Thanks,

Scott H.

garvinrick4
November 24th, 2010, 04:41 AM
I am trying to install 10.10 on my dell latitude e5400. Everything goes fine until I get to the "Who Are You" screen. I put in my name, name my computer, come up with a password. I do everything right (all green checks). Down at the bottom is says "copying files" and eventually gets to "ready when you are." However, the "forward" button is still grayed out, I can only click on the "back" button. I can't move forward. I've tried installing via usb drive and cd and have the same issue with both. It just hangs up at that point. Any ideas? Please be gentle...I am a new linux/ubuntu user. I have seen this happen a couple of times when user chooses to find time with server in previous pages of install and it is still running. If you will try doing time manually and not using internet server, might do it.

newburyporter
December 4th, 2010, 09:24 PM
jsmaxwell. were you able to solve you problem? i am stuck at the exact same spot. i am also a ubuntu newbie and trying to install on an old laptop so i can play around with it a bit... let me know if you figured out how to get past the Who are you? screen. I have same greyed out forward button issue... Thx!

Quackers
December 4th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Don't start (or end) your username with a capital letter. Capitals are not allowed there. It doesn't tell you about it and it should, but that's what's wrong.