PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Downloading previous version of banshee

bookcrazy
November 24th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Ok, so I made a mistake and upgraded to Banshee 1.9 and now I can't get my podcasts to play on my iPod Classic. I've purged banshee, searched on-line how to download previous versions but I just can't figure it out. Any ideas?

beew
November 24th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Ok, so I made a mistake and upgraded to Banshee 1.9 and now I can't get my podcasts to play on my iPod Classic. I've purged banshee, searched on-line how to download previous versions but I just can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Where did you get 1.9 from? If you get it from a ppa you can downgrade it to the version in the Ubuntu repository by opening up Synaptic, highlight banshee and go to package > force version.

If not then maybe you can try to upgrade it by adding banshee's ppa to your sources list. Just google it.

bookcrazy
November 24th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Where did you get 1.9 from? If you get it from a ppa you can downgrade it to the version in the Ubuntu repository by opening up Synaptic, highlight banshee and go to package > force version.

If not then maybe you can try to upgrade it by adding banshee's ppa to your sources list. Just google it.
I had tried googling it a million times with no success.

However, I hadn't thought to go to Synaptic! Thanks a million for the tip.