PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] All my web browsers have gone bonkers.....

Immolatus
November 23rd, 2010, 08:26 PM
I'm not new to Linux but this one I have never seen before. When ever I search the web (not just with Firefox), multiple tabs just start to open up like crazy. All I can do is close them and then they start popping up in the tab bar again a few seconds later. This is really weird. It almost looks like an e-bomb but I just upgraded to 10.10 and updated it to no effect.

Any thoughts??

lovinglinux
November 23rd, 2010, 09:37 PM
Do they have different content or are just blank or home pages?

If they have different content, are the pages recognizable among your bookmarks?

If they are blank or your home page, try to disconnect the keyboard and see if the problem persist.

Immolatus
November 23rd, 2010, 10:22 PM
I'll give it a try. The tabs were sometimes both. there are no bookmarks on the new install and this happens with every browser I've installed by the way.

Immolatus
November 23rd, 2010, 10:31 PM
Well....blanking my homepage seems to have done the trick that or the problem has fixed itself somehow. I'll post back if it starts up again.

Immolatus
November 24th, 2010, 02:53 AM
no dice, they all started doing it again......grrr.

Immolatus
November 24th, 2010, 10:27 AM
so stupid......it was my mouse (Razer w/on-board memory) Linux didn't like it. Kept randomly activating links as I moused over them. Switched out and working fine now.;)

grahammechanical
November 24th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Not so stupid. Just sent to try us.

Regards.

P.S. So this thread is now solved? Please mark it as solved. Thank you.