PDA

View Full Version : Issue with acquring audio device names on ubuntu

turc0033
November 23rd, 2010, 04:23 PM
Im using java. On Apple, when I use the following piece of code:

Mixer.Info[] mixerInfo = AudioSystem.getMixerInfo();
for(int i = 0; i < mixerInfo.length; i++)
{
System.out.Println(mixerInfo[i].getName());
}
, I get a complete list of all of my output devices, including my bluetooth headsets. But when i use that piece of code in Ubuntu, it gives me:

PulseAudio Mixer
default [default]
Intel [plughw:0,0]
Intel [plughw:0,1]
NVidia [plughw:1,3]
NVidia [plughw:1,7]
NVidia [plughw:1,8]
NVidia [plughw:1,9]
Port Intel [hw:0]
Port NVidia [hw:1]
Plus, it doesnt list the bluetooth devices - as in i can't access them if theyre not the default output/intput sound device.

Is there anything that can be done to get a full list of the devices (incluing the bluetooth headsets) names on ubuntu just like on an apple?

Thanks in advance.

Zugzwang
November 23rd, 2010, 06:30 PM
Have you checked that your bluetooth device is usable as output device in other applications like, let's say, audacity?

turc0033
November 23rd, 2010, 06:41 PM
Have you checked that your bluetooth device is usable as output device in other applications like, let's say, audacity?

Yep. I can listen to music, record, playback, etc.

turc0033
November 23rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Also, i can get 2 headsets talking to each other (through a program that i made in java), but only if i set headset #1 as the default sound input and headset #2 as the default sound output. So its a 1 way communication line.

I would like it if both headsets could talk and hear each other, but i can't do that since i don't get a list of available devices wen using ubuntu.

Zugzwang
November 23rd, 2010, 06:59 PM
If you install the tool "pavucontrol" (using apt-get) and run it, is your bluetooth device listed?

turc0033
November 23rd, 2010, 07:07 PM
If you install the tool "pavucontrol" (using apt-get) and run it, is your bluetooth device listed?

Yes, both headset devices are listed.

Zugzwang
November 23rd, 2010, 07:52 PM
Yes, both headset devices are listed.

Ok, then I ran out of ideas.

turc0033
November 23rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
Ok, then I ran out of ideas.

:(

I only get about 10 indexes, but in the pulseaudio manager, it says that the headset devices are indexes 17 and 18. Trying to figure out a way to get to them