PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation Problem 10.10

Aurastin
November 23rd, 2010, 04:49 AM
Hello Ubuntu,

I'm a new user wishing to try out Ubuntu and hoping to give my old PC a new life. I thought everything was going well until I ran into an installation problem though, and after trying countless times to fix it on my own I decided to come here for help.

To make a long story short the problem occurs during installation on the part where you are asked to set a name, name your computer, user ID, and set a password. When the information is completely filled out I do not have the option to go forward anymore (although the button is there; it is unusable) I am able to go back however.

What could cause this problem? and more importantly what can I do to fix it?

Additional information that might be needed I am trying to install on an HP desktop which previously had Windows XP. During my several installation attempts so far I have chosen to use the whole disk for the Ubuntu installation because I do not want the Windows installation at all.

Thanks in advance for any help.

xeroblast
November 23rd, 2010, 05:09 AM
try waiting for 30 minutes then if it still not then download a new installer coz maybe the installer has problems.

i had similar problems before like this in opensuse after loading the data before installing, it restart. i just download a new installer from a different source and it continue.

Quackers
November 23rd, 2010, 05:22 AM
Have you started your username with a capital letter? No capitals allowed there - I know it doesn't say so, it should. :-)