PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] after upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10, no keyboard, cannot login

avary
November 22nd, 2010, 10:35 PM
Hello,
just did upgrade from kubuntu 10.04 to 10.10.. after all done and reboot, when the login box shows up, my keyboard and laptop pad ( mouse ) dosn't work, (plugged in the usb mouse, it works sometimes, but never keyboard).
i went to recovery , the boot hung up when it says

[ 17.704053] EXT4-fs (sda9): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode
Begin: Running /scripts/local-bottom ...
Done.
Done.
Begin: Running /scripts/init-bottom ...
Done.

stuck here. nothing works except ctrl+alt+del
how to fix this? if this is not fixable, how i can revert back to 10.04? ( i'v searched the forum , saw few posts about loosing keyboard and mouse after 10.10 upgrade, but no solutions ) .. ?

edit : solved it by booting from livecd, and mouting HD, chrooting and reinstalling upstart . seems that something went wrong during installing the packeges .

avary
November 23rd, 2010, 05:37 PM
just tried booting from livecd, and updated grub , but no change. also tried booting manually from grub command line, also no change.. everytime stuck at

Begin: Running /scripts/init-bottom ...
Done.

so it is not grub problem . what to do ? if it is important i have ATI mobility radeon HD 5470 card .

ioargento
November 26th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Why is this marked as 'solved'? There is no solution here, not even a msg that says that the problem has been solved.

avary
December 1st, 2010, 01:58 AM
sorry for the confusion, i'v edited the main msg.

pgmagallanes
February 9th, 2011, 05:03 AM
I'm still a bit confused: what does

"chrooting and reinstalling upstart" mean?

Thank you. I have a similar problem.

ytsionis
August 13th, 2011, 05:11 PM
The SOLUTION is HERE (http://maarten.hondelink.com/index.php/No_Keyboard/mouse_when_upgrading_from_9.04_to_10.04_%28linux_M int_7_upto_9%29)

stop wasting your time

i upgrade to 10.04 and facing no mouse/keyboard after some googling found the right source...i hope this work for u too...:wink: