PDA

View Full Version : am I getting more mature, old or just plain lame,...

Zerocool Djx
November 21st, 2010, 05:51 AM
Ok tonight I was invited to go to a party in another town about 70 miles away. As I don't really enjoy getting wasted anymore I said if I go I'll be the DD. The plan was to leave at 10pm, get there at 11 stay till 2-2:30 then come home. Well, 11pm comes and were still in our home town, I said maybe next time and backed out, cause I knew we wouldn't be home till the sun came up. I recently got a good job that pays pretty well, and if I go till the sun comes up that will mess up the rest of the week... Did I just sell out or something? get old? I dunno,....

lisati
November 21st, 2010, 05:53 AM
It sounds mature to me, making up your own mind and deciding for yourself.

hhh
November 21st, 2010, 05:54 AM
An hour or more drive just for a party? Unless they're putting you up for the night, the hell with that!

I just did the math, 2 hours driving for 3 and a half hours hanging out. More trouble than it's worth. And suppose you get hit by a drunk driver coming home at 2:30 am on a Saturday night?

Zerocool Djx
November 21st, 2010, 05:59 AM
yea,.. I mean, if we got a hotel it would be different.. These the same people who have no money but just asked me to move in with them. You ever have a friend that refuses to grow up just a little bit?

lisati
November 21st, 2010, 06:00 AM
An hour or more drive just for a party? Unless they're putting you up for the night, the hell with that!

This^^^ It begs the question, is it worth it?

GabrielYYZ
November 21st, 2010, 06:07 AM
yea,.. I mean, if we got a hotel it would be different.. These the same people who have no money but just asked me to move in with them. You ever have a friend that refuses to grow up just a little bit?

almost all the people that i knew from college refuse to grow up, except maybe two or three rare cases.

weasel fierce
November 21st, 2010, 06:07 AM
If you want to feel better about it, grab a 12 pack (6 pack if you have turned 30) and spend the rest of the night playing C64 games

Zerocool Djx
November 21st, 2010, 06:10 AM
If you want to feel better about it, grab a 12 pack (6 pack if you have turned 30) and spend the rest of the night playing C64 games

I was thinking of doing that, but the final nascar race is on tomorrow,.. I will drink some tasty Guinness then :)

Khakilang
November 21st, 2010, 06:14 AM
To me job always come first. Unless you are loaded and don't care about anything. But than there is a limit at certain age. Like number of liter of alcohol you can pour down your throat and not end up in hospital. Good move.

Swagman
November 21st, 2010, 12:10 PM
Depends on how good the party was... The girl of your dreams might have been there ?

In fact... That's probably a good reason NOT to go.

Stay single & prosper !!

or..

No Wife
Great Life !!

Spice Weasel
November 21st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Depends on how good the party was... The girl of your dreams might have been there ?

In fact... That's probably a good reason NOT to go.

Stay single & prosper !!

or..

No Wife
Great Life !!

:lol: