PDA

View Full Version : could you help me please?

Tariq9
November 21st, 2010, 01:22 AM
Hi guys,
Really i feel embarrassed,

could you help me please?

I am new student, and i applied on University Of Utah. I want to ask you about the studying there, is it difficult to achieve 2.8 in first two semesters?

Also, If i don't get it can the university give me chance?

Thank you.

Iowan
November 21st, 2010, 01:44 AM
Not a support question about "scientific and mathematics software for Ubuntu or linux in general."
Moved to CC

uRock
November 21st, 2010, 02:21 AM
2.8 gpa?

overdrank
November 21st, 2010, 02:24 AM
Tag team spam I bet :)

Tariq9
November 21st, 2010, 02:28 AM
2.8 gpa?

Yes i mean the GPA

Thank you for your respond me

uRock
November 21st, 2010, 03:13 AM
That is a question that would be best to ask a career counselor.

3Miro
November 21st, 2010, 05:22 AM
That depends on your field (an art degree is easier to get from a tech university, but it is worth less) and your determination. By determination, I mean spending about 10-12 hours a day every day (including weekends).

Easy and hard is relative, I speak as a person who has been through education program on two continents, different Universities and has thought classes himself. Put everything you have in it and you can succeed (by everything I mean determination), everything is set up for you to succeed. Fail to understand determination and you will waste your money.

wilee-nilee
November 21st, 2010, 05:52 AM
3.68 here out a possible 4.00 with hardly working on some of it, but I'm a older student I have hardly actually learned anything. I'm a senior as of now going for two minors and a major.

Zerocool Djx
November 21st, 2010, 05:55 AM
Well,.. seeing as that I am from NY, when I went to look at schools in the Mid west I was dumbfounded about how far they where behind. I learned things in my freshmen year of high school they where learning in there freshmen year of college. So,.. Depends where your from I guess... But I would say being utah I wouldn't say it would be hard. You pretty much prolly would have to skip every class not to pass with a 2.8

zorocke
November 21st, 2010, 06:09 AM
That depends on your field (an art degree is easier to get from a tech university, but it is worth less) and your determination. By determination, I mean spending about 10-12 hours a day every day (including weekends).

Easy and hard is relative, I speak as a person who has been through education program on two continents, different Universities and has thought classes himself. Put everything you have in it and you can succeed (by everything I mean determination), everything is set up for you to succeed. Fail to understand determination and you will waste your money.

Yea, no matter what your major is or the location of the school, your gpa will reflect the work you put into it. No matter where you go to school, if you don't do your work you'll fail. If you do your work... Well. Most of the time you'll be okay. We have kids here that fail calculus 1, don't actually go to the class, and then blame the school for being too hard.

Taken from a current student.

Tariq9
November 21st, 2010, 06:38 AM
Thank you for everybody respond or tell me about it.

uRock
November 21st, 2010, 07:02 AM
Well,.. seeing as that I am from NY, when I went to look at schools in the Mid west I was dumbfounded about how far they where behind. I learned things in my freshmen year of high school they where learning in there freshmen year of college. So,.. Depends where your from I guess... But I would say being utah I wouldn't say it would be hard. You pretty much prolly would have to skip every class not to pass with a 2.8
Utah is a Pac 10 school. All 100 level classes are very basic no matter where you are in the country and most of the material in the 100 level classes was taught in high school. This is part of the reason Associates degrees don't count for much in the job market. With very little studying most people can walk right through 100 and 200 level classes and get decent grades.

Tariq9
November 22nd, 2010, 02:28 AM
Utah is a Pac 10 school. All 100 level classes are very basic no matter where you are in the country and most of the material in the 100 level classes was taught in high school. This is part of the reason Associates degrees don't count for much in the job market. With very little studying most people can walk right through 100 and 200 level classes and get decent grades.

Thank you urock