PDA

View Full Version : Could we have voting in the monthly screenshots thread?

Sealbhach
November 20th, 2010, 08:09 PM
I would love to be able to see a top 10 or top 20 of the most liked desktop screenshots from the monthly thread.

I always feel I'm missing out on what's going on in there but I don't have the time to trawl through the whole lot of them.

Oxwivi
November 20th, 2010, 08:10 PM
And how'd you determine those top 10?

Sealbhach
November 20th, 2010, 08:11 PM
And how'd you determine those top 10?

By voting. Just a like or dislike button should do it.

andymorton
November 20th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I think that's a great idea!!:D

cpmman
November 20th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Criteria

Ingenuity
Artistic
Simplicity
Complexity
Colour coordination
Transparency
Ease of application
Screen sizes
Graphics card
Availability
OS type
OEM installation
etc.
Personal preference - just like or dislike
?

Joeb454
November 20th, 2010, 08:46 PM
As cpmman says above - there's a lot of variables that could potentially be criteria for screenshots for a lot of people, as well as individual choice.

There's also the fact that I'm not sure how easy, or practical, it would be to implement such a feature for one single thread (something like this couldn't really be used anywhere else) on the forum.

Lancro
November 20th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Criteria
Screen sizes
Graphics card
Personal preference - just like or dislike
?

Graphics card?, Screen sizes?, so the one that spend more money in the desktop is the winner?, I dislike...

cpmman
November 20th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Graphics card?, Screen sizes?, so the one that spend more money in the desktop is the winner?, I dislike...

Es tentaviva sarcasmo

¡Corregidme el español, por favor!

Lancro
November 20th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Es tentaviva sarcasmo

¡Corregidme el español, por favor!

Well, "Es tentativa sarcasmo" doesnt make any sense, "Es sarcasmo" does ;).

koleoptero
November 20th, 2010, 11:13 PM
It's fun as it is, with us showing our creativity on our desktops. Turning it into a competition would ruin the spirit.

hhh
November 21st, 2010, 12:49 AM
Turning it into a competition would ruin the spirit.
I emphatically second this. There have been several times where the thread has gotten derailed with "Dude, that setup is so freaking ugly!" posts, which in turn brings out people like me defending others with "Why don't you keep your stupid opinions to yourself!" posts. I'm afraid that having a ranking system would legitimize those types of comments.