PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Install on VirtualPC can't select Forward??

Sivee
November 20th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Hi,
I am trying to get Ubuntu 10.10 to install on a VirtualPC 2007 VM running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I managed to get into the live CD and onto the Ubuntu desktop using the F6 >> Esc >> remove "quiet splash --" and replace it with "vga=791 noreplace-paravirt" trick.

I then clicked on "Install Ubuntu 10.10" icon and went through the installation options, when I get to the "Who are you?" page and fill in my user name and password and computer name and either select "Log in automatically" or "Require my password to log in" the "Back" button is available but the "Forward" is greyed out??

Underneath the installing files progress bar has got to about 75% across and the wording has changed to "Ready when you are..." can soneone tell me how to get the "Forward" button to become enabled so I can move on, or what I need to change to make it become available??

http://www.sivill.com/Downloads/UbuntuInstallSuck.jpg

Thanks for your help in advance,

Siv

Rubi1200
November 20th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Hi,
the user name cannot contain an uppercase letter.

Change Siv to siv and all will be well.

Sivee
November 20th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Rubi1200

I can't believe it's that simple. Why can't the dialog box tell you that? Better still, why can't the user name have a capital??

Thanks for your help, now I can move on.

Siv

Rubi1200
November 20th, 2010, 04:34 PM
You are more than welcome :)

As far as your questions are concerned: there are users who are currently in contact with the developers to change certain features in the installer, including those you just mentioned.

Please mark this thread Solved using the Thread Tools near the top of the page.

Enjoy!