PDA

View Full Version : Cool program I just found: Furius ISO Mount

user1397
November 19th, 2010, 09:23 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furius_ISO_Mount

This program is basically an equivalent of daemon tools lite for Windows, give or take a few features.

It is extremely simple, and works perfectly for me (0 bugs/issues so far).

Anyone else using it?

cariboo
November 19th, 2010, 11:13 PM
What's wrong with:

mount -o loop some.iso /mnt

:) :) :)

user1397
November 20th, 2010, 12:09 AM
well ya know, GUIs are where it's at :)

leef
November 20th, 2010, 12:32 AM
mount -o loop some.iso /mnt

mount: only root can do that

lol but seriously the way to do it is to have something like this in fstab;

/home/lee/cd.iso /home/lee/cdrom iso9660 loop,user,ro 0 0

and the point your file browser to a script like this when you click .iso files;

#!/bin/bash
cdlink=/home/lee/cd.iso
cddir=/home/lee/cdrom

rm $cdlink
ln -s "$@" $cdlink
mount $cddir
rox -n $cddir
umount $cddir

beew
November 20th, 2010, 12:39 AM
What's wrong with:

mount -o loop some.iso /mnt:) :) :)
Furius iso mount can mount and umount multiple isos at once.

There may be an easier way, but the only way I know to do this with command lines would be to create all the mount points one by one (mkdir statement) and then mount the isos one by one using the mount -o loop command, and then you will have to umount the mount points and delete them one by one afterwards. It is quite tedious.

earthpigg
November 20th, 2010, 12:41 AM
what advanced features does this offer that double clicking on an .iso to mount it, and opening it with the archive manager, does not have?

what is it that i may want to do, that i would need something like this to use?

leef
November 20th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Furius iso mount can mount and umount multiple isos at once.

There may be an easier way, but the only way I know to do this with command lines would be to create all the mount points one by one (mkdir statement) and then mount the isos one by one using the mount -o loop command, and then you will have to umount the mount points and delete them one by one afterwards. It is quite tedious.

Well my way doesn't work with multiple isos, so Furius sounds quite cool, how does it play with wine?

beew
November 20th, 2010, 12:46 AM
what advanced features does this offer that double clicking on an .iso to mount it, and opening it with the archive manager, does not have?

what is it that i may want to do, that i would need something like this to use?

I think it can mount isos only recently, when I started with 10.04 I had to use something called gmount, it was quite buggy because I never could unmount! (gave you some fstab errors) I think furius isos has been around longer than archive manager is able to mount isos.

Also mounting and unmounting multiple isos.

leef
November 20th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I think it can mount isos only recently, when I started with 10.04 I had to use something called gmount, it was quite buggy because I never could unmount! (gave you some fstab errors) I think furius isos has been around longer than archive manager is able to mount isos.

Also mounting and unmounting multiple isos.

Do you need a command other than umount to unmount the isos?

Also is this purely a gnome thing or does it work with window managers?

cariboo
November 20th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Do you need a command other than umount to unmount the isos?

Also is this purely a gnome thing or does it work with window managers?

My post was only supposed to be a joke, but the mount command has nothing to do with gnome, it is part of the Linux utilities, that can be used on any distribution with any Desktop Environment.

leef
November 20th, 2010, 01:16 AM
My post was only supposed to be a joke, but the mount command has nothing to do with gnome, it is part of the Linux utilities, that can be used on any distribution with any Desktop Environment.

Sorry I think you miss-quoted me, the quote was referring only to Furius and not just the mount command. If your post was a joke, I don't get it?

johntaylor1887
November 20th, 2010, 01:45 AM
gmountiso works for me.