PDA

View Full Version : Hi, nice to meet you all (officially)

throese
November 19th, 2010, 04:51 AM
My name is Kenneth and I'm 19 years old (turning 20 next month) and in my final year of high school. I'm taking Networking right now at the Vocational Tech Center in my town and passing with a 96.7 A. After I graduate from high school, I'm going to Tiderwater Community College for the CompTIA A+ Exam course and then again for two more years to work on my Information Systems Technology Associates of Applied Science (AAS) Degree.

I love computers and anything to do with them and I'm love tinkering. My parents got me into computers, but it was mainly my dad. He joined the Navy straight out of high school and retired at 48, if I remember correctly. He now works at a Naval base as a civil-service engineer. He's taught me quite a bit about hardware and how things works, but I've also taught myself a lot, too. My dad is my hero and my inspiration (listening to Watching You by Rodney Atkins). I'm glad that I got adopted into the family that I'm currently with, otherwise I wouldn't be who I am or where I am today.

Certifications I want to obtain before I turn 35:

CompTIA Network+
CompTIA A+ Essentials and Practical
CompTIA Security+
CompTIA Linux+
CCNA (Cisco Certified Networking Associate)
CCNP (Cisco Certified Networking Professional)
Network Administration

Degree I want to obtain before 25:

Information Systems Technology Associates of Applied Science (AAS) Degree

I also want to start my own computer company, one day.

Rasa1111
November 19th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Hiyah throese,
Welcome here, (officially) lol :P
Nice to meet you also.
I am also happy the Universe has provided you with a good family. :)
Sounds like you are quite ambitious! Very good.
Good stuff to get into my friend,
Im sure you'll do great with all you want to do, and then some.

Peace n Blessings mate. <3

throese
November 19th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Thank you Rasa1111. I'm sure I'll achieve my life goals, I'm gonna need half of that stuff before 24, because I'm planning on getting married, soon. =)

KiwiNZ
November 19th, 2010, 05:25 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1451097